Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Week 1 Preview
Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 5, 2010

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/index.php?q=node/37593

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 6, 2010

Loved it.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 6, 2010

Enjoyed the top 5 things to watch, excellent idea and summation.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 6, 2010

Nice job Ben. I look forward to the followup. By the way, I'm not as confident in the Bucks as you are. There are a lot of unknowns for Ohio State including how Sponseller and Nemec will respond to big wt cuts and the appearance of a number of new starters in the lineup. I think the guy most likely to wrestle comfortably will be Magrum. Paddock admitted to a sore shoulder in an interview; I know Stieber was banged up at some point; C. Palmer still out; Heflin and Capone are new as is Hiles. I think you're confusing this team with the more established lineups of the last several years. A lot of question marks at the moment.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 6, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Nice job Ben. I look forward to the followup. By the way, I'm not as confident in the Bucks as you are. There are a lot of unknowns for Ohio State including how Sponseller and Nemec will respond to big wt cuts and the appearance of a number of new starters in the lineup. I think the guy most likely to wrestle comfortably will be Magrum. Paddock admitted to a sore shoulder in an interview; I know Stieber was banged up at some point; C. Palmer still out; Heflin and Capone are new as is Hiles. I think you're confusing this team with the more established lineups of the last several years. A lot of question marks at the moment."

I'm aware of the peril that awaits this team when their duals come around (they have no easy duals), but I guess I'm mostly expecting the Buffalo Open to be filled backups from small D1 schools, D2 and 3 teams, and NAIA (i.e. Notre Dame College). I don't expect the Buckeyes to win every weight class, but I'll be surprised if they don't win the tournament and place one or two at every weight class. I guess we'll see, though. Like I said, I can't find any information on the tournament other than the start time.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I originally was doing a Top 10 things to look for, and I wrote 9 of them, but then I showed it to a friend and he explained that some of them weren't going to be as interesting to the more casual fan.

If you're interested, the other four things I originally wrote to watch are, in no particular order:
1) How effective Demas' slickness is against college competition this early in his career,
2) The Performance of the Buckeyes First TIme Starters
3) Ross Tice vs. Mid-Major Competition at 165
4) How Dominant will Ian Paddock Be

► Add to the Discussion