Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Buffalo Open
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 7, 2010

I wonder if NDC has the best team in Ohio? They might have the best depth.

It would be really interesting to get Ohio State, Kent, OU and NDC in a gym together and have them wrestle each other in duals. If I were to win the Powerball, I'd call those coaches the next day and put it together.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on November 7, 2010

I give ND credit but to say there best in Ohio Joke!

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 7, 2010

Magrum lost to Foore by much more last year if I recall correctly. Capone came back to take third.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

Magrum & Capone each lost only 1 match all day. They both looked good. Magrum just couldn't penetrate Foore's defense, but looked improved over last year. Heflin looked real good, especially in top position. BTW: the bracket showed Paddock dec. Matthew Hasbrouck of Edinboro 2-0 OT, but that was a misprint, he pinned him in the first period. I was at matside and witnessed it. I think, overall, Paddock had the most impressive showing of all the OSU guys yesterday.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I think, overall, Paddock had the most impressive showing of all the OSU guys yesterday."

This is what I was hoping for. I think Paddock has a big year.

I shouldn't say I was hoping he would be the most impressive, but I was hoping he would be school the field.

What can you tell us about Sponseller, Jack? Pretty surprising to see him only win by decision in those last two matches. Do you think the weight cut had him warn out?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

What about Nemec?

I think his body is still adjusting to the weight loss, as might be the case with Nemec also. In the semi's he had to do some good mat wrestling, getting a cradle and some back points in the 3rd period. In the finals, Lewandowski was tough to TD, and again Colt was forced to ride him out. One good thing, Colt was up & out quickly in all his matches. No one could ride him. We'll see how Colt and Nemec progress as the season unfolds. One big difference with Colt/Nemec, Colt is very hard to TD, but Nemec seems vulnerable to leg attacks, as was evident in his match against the ND kid. The hurting weight classes that stick out the most are 165 & 285. Hiles was in street clothes, and appeared to be OK (no obvious injury).

Last edited by Jack Muni on November 8, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

Brackets are here...

http://www.buffalobulls.com/sports/wrest/2010-11/files/2010_UB1_Div____final_brackets.pdf

149 is interesting to me. And how about Mines and Hardy! Nice to see their names.

When I saw how well true freshman Mines did, I couldn't help wonder how Logan Stieber would have done yesterday.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

The more I've had a chance to read through the brackets, the more excited I get! Ohio kids all over the place! Patrella, Mines, Hardy, most of the Ohio State kids, McCombs, etc. ...

Love it!

"When I saw how well true freshman Mines did, I couldn't help wonder how Logan Stieber would have done yesterday."

When Devin Carter blitzed the whole field at the Hokie Open and majored Kyle Hutter in the finals at 133, I couldn't help but wonder the same thing.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I wonder if NDC has the best team in Ohio? They might have the best depth.

It would be really interesting to get Ohio State, Kent, OU and NDC in a gym together and have them wrestle each other in duals. If I were to win the Powerball, I'd call those coaches the next day and put it together."

Unlimited schollys, from what I understand, certainly facilitates that depth. Let's see them in an apples to apples environment.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

"When I saw how well true freshman Mines did, I couldn't help wonder how Logan Stieber would have done yesterday."

Thought I saw somewhere that Mines lost the wrestle-off at 125 for Edinboro. True?

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I wonder if NDC has the best team in Ohio? They might have the best depth.

It would be really interesting to get Ohio State, Kent, OU and NDC in a gym together and have them wrestle each other in duals. If I were to win the Powerball, I'd call those coaches the next day and put it together."

Unlimited schollys, from what I understand, certainly facilitates that depth. Let's see them in an apples to apples environment."

It's impressive no matter how you look at it. Most wrestlers of that caliber want to wrestle D1, but NDC finds a way to get them on their team.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 8, 2010

Gary: Agree that NDC has more to spend. But so what? They're NAIA. Why aren't all NAIA teams so good? Something positive going on in that room.

Brian Morrow--you think I'm joking? I'm analytical--not emotional--about these things. You need to think about each lineup and compare them. In fact, I'll do it for you if I get the time. But I'll say this--if Ohio State, Kent and NDC all wrestled each other, it's likely that all duals would be very competitive.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next