Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Wrestlers in Business
Tim Courtad added to this discussion on October 27, 2010

To all,

I am writing to you on behalf of my new venture Wrestlers in Business. We have developed a unique approach to helping the sport of wrestling. We have started a nonprofit organization to raise funds to help with our college sport teams as well as our Olympic style wrestling. In the next month our website will be up and running. The website will feature a job board where former wrestlers can look for jobs and employers can post jobs. There will be a forum where wrestlers can discuss business issues as well as comment on current wrestling. The whole idea of the website is to develop a global community within the wrestling community. Now we can have our wrestlers create business relationships together and help one another out at the same time.

With this network of wrestlers, we can now fight battles as one, instead of fighting our own battles on a small scale. The best part of this whole concept is that while benefiting our members with the networking, their membership dues will be donated throughout the wrestling community where it is needed most. Our membership dues will be tax deductible. There will be the availability for sponsorship and advertising on our website. The more members and sponsors we can get, the more money there is to help with Title IX, funding our Olympic Caliber wrestlers and endowing wrestling programs. 58% of all Fortune 500 CEO's have wrestled. We need to tap into these people and help save the sport that we all love. With Wrestlers in Business, these people will have an opportunity to do so. There will be networking events throughout the year with keynote speakers.

I am asking you to spread the word by mouth and to email friends and co-workers to do the same. We have a LinkedIn page as well as facebook. We are going to have a launch party for our website in early January. Encourage people to join!! For college coaches, this website can be very beneficial to your wrestlers. They will be able to look for jobs, internships, and post resumes on a site where companies want to hire wrestlers.

Let me know if there is anyone interested in helping this organization. We will also be setting up Metropolitan Associations in different areas that we need people to be a part of. We are also looking for a wrestler that had NCAA wrestling success as well as business success to be one of our spokesmen. Lee Kemp has already signed on to help promote. If you have any ideas of anyone that would be interested in working with this company, have them call or email me. Thanks for your help and consideration in being a part of Wrestlers in Business.

Sincerely,

Tim Courtad
Vice President
Wrestlers in Business
(330)310-9849
tim.courtad@wrestlersinbusiness.org
www.wrestlersinbusiness.org

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion