Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio U line up - Purdue to 174
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 10, 2010

Since we've discussed the KSU and OSU line up, thought it made sense to review some changes in Athens.

125 - Ramos
133 - Wojcik
141 - Lindsey - returning AA
149 - Boing/Squire/Speelman
157 - Kline/Squire
165 - Lang
174 - Purdue - returning NQ
184 - Garringer
197 - Schuth - returning NQ
285 - Johnson/Hartshorn

I am openly speculating that Squire could crack the line up this season. He slides into a class that is a need for OU and early returns from the room is that he is real deal.

Purdue's slide to 74 is intriguing. He had wins over AAs last season at 84. How does the drop impact performance?

I am excited to see Johnson compete. Not the biggest 285, he relies on technique, competitive attitude, and a relentless motor. He will take some freshman lumps, but expect good things.

Ramos was third in the MAC last season and did have wins over NQs from other conferences.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 10, 2010

Ethan: who are Garringer and Wojcik?

Jeremy Johnson is a winner. Unless I'm out of my mind, he could be a multiple AA at 285.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on October 10, 2010

Lindsay is a contender in that super tough 141 class. I think Purdue and Schuth challenge for AA. It will be interesting to see how stud recruits like Squire, Land and Johnson develope.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 11, 2010

A couple thoughts on the questions above.

Wojcik and Garringer are both RS FR from Illinois. Kind of unknowns at this point, but they need to slide into the line up and be 'solid' this season, and if so this should be a very good dual meet team.

141 - Wow, I agree Scott. I can't believe this class. Already with a slew of returning studs, then throw in Kennedy and Russel. Lindsey has yet to use a RS, I wonder if this was ever discussed?

Lang and Johnson should be in the line up this season. Very few red shirts, regardless of school, had a better 2009-2010 than Johnson. He placed in a ton of tournaments, wrestled something like 37 college matches, and performed great on the freestyle circuit.

Lang didn't have great results as a RS, so he is a bit of an unknown to me. But we know the talent is there.

► Add to the Discussion