Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Chris Phillips' college choice?
Luke Moore added to this discussion on August 31, 2010

Any word on where this young man is heading. I have read on another forum that his choice may be a bit of a surprise. Hopefully it is a surprise colored in hunter green and white. I think OU would be a prefect fit for him. Working out with Purdue for a year while he redshirts and having Greenlee and Hansen in the room for the duration of his career would be a great fit. The Bobcats have proved over the past couple of seasons that they can develop studs in their upper weights with Purdue, Ison and Schuth all wresting at nationals last year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 31, 2010

Luke: I'd be thrilled to see Phillips in Green and White.

My latest Amateur Wrestling News just arrived and there's an article about who national scout Ron Lemon considers to be the top ten senior recruits in the country--and why. Phillips is on the list as is Kenny Courts, Destin McCauley and Morgan McIntosh. All four of these guys are believed to be sought after by Ohio State.

Hunter Stieber, a Buckeye recruit, also makes the list.

Throw in Derek Garcia, a former top ten recruit, and you can see that Ohio State is pushing to put together the greatest recruiting class in school history.
-----------------

Also a terrific interview in the mag by Bob Preusse with a famed NJ hs wrestling writer. It was really enjoyable. Bob had a nice one in the previous issue with Pat Galbincea.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on August 31, 2010

I agree wholeheartedly that I'd love to see Phillips wrestling in the green and white... of Cleveland State University!

And just think, we already have two hastily-made recruiting videos that made national headlines... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

[Disclaimer: I really am a Cleveland State wrestling fan and I know first-hand that what is portrayed in these videos do not accurately represent the experience at CSU at all.]

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on August 31, 2010

I would love to see Chris in Columbus but have not heard anything. I have heard rumor in past that he was interested in that state up North.

Ted Tonn added to this discussion on August 31, 2010

I feel comfortable putting money on it Chris is not headed to OSU. The state up north is in the mix, as well as a service academy and a couple others from what I was told by someone very close to him.
Whoever gets him is not only getting a phenom wrestler, but a great person.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 1, 2010

Quote from Dan Cosimi's post:

"And just think, we already have two hastily-made recruiting videos that made national headlines... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM"

I dislike LeBron James.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on September 1, 2010

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I dislike LeBron James."

Mark, I hope that is not new on your part. There never really was much likeable about him. Never a leader, never a winner!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 1, 2010

I don't know him personally. I watched the video and saw the giant billboard of him. THought I'd make the point. Oh well. His life.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 26, 2010

I think it is relevant to revisit this thread now. Any updates from reliable sources?

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on October 26, 2010

Yeah I also have spoke with someone close to him. This person also said OSU not likely. They told me he has it down to three that there aware of.

► Add to the Discussion