Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Morgan McIntosh
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 27, 2010

Julie,
i don't know firsthand, u make a good point, u could be right. But i'm sure ohio st and other college coaches are aware and will investigate before offering $$ to Courts.

please speak out often, we need more thoughtful opinions. s/BobP

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 28, 2010

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"McCauley would be the real coup, from where I sit. He is from MN and I believe he works out with Overtime in IL, at least I believe I saw him in some videos with that group on FLO. So you could see ties to both NW and MN, and you know the big three of Iowa, ISU, and OkSt are in the mix.

Regardless, to Bob's point, OSU being in on all these kids is validation of Coach Ryan's national respect."

I was watching FLO and saw that McCauly has been attending Jordan's camp for quite some time -- so he has spent some time in OH as well.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 28, 2010

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Julie,
I don't know firsthand, u make a good point, u could be right. But I'm sure ohio st and other college coaches are aware and will investigate before offering $$ to Courts.

please speak out often, we need more thoughtful opinions. s/BobP"

...but his upside is so high that he is worth the investment is worth the risk.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 28, 2010

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Julie,
I don't know firsthand, u make a good point, u could be right. But I'm sure ohio st and other college coaches are aware and will investigate before offering $$ to Courts.

please speak out often, we need more thoughtful opinions. s/BobP"

...but his upside is so high that he is worth the investment is worth the risk."

Shows a high level of committment to the sport, also. In a sport like wrestling it is real easy to call it a day after a few surgeries. I know some high profile recruits this year have had their desire to continue at the next level questioned.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 28, 2010

Right, example J.D. Bergman has had quite a few knee surgeries but is now the reigning US Mens champion at 211. --- One of my all-time faves Kyle Ott, 2X NCAA runnerup despite many knee surgeries. A truly brilliant high school lower wt, imo as good as any ive ever seen in Ohio, prior to his surgeries.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 29, 2010

Not to digress, but a healthy Ott probably wins multiple national titles. He was as impressive a high school wrestler as I've ever seen prior to his injuries. He managed his way to two AA finishes without being near 100% in my opinion.

Getting back to all three recruits...Courts has Josh Demas speed and Ed Ruth power. Also, he's grown a ton since high school. Maybe some of his injury issues had to do with the fact his body was not meant to remain at certain wt classes. He may still be growing--a lot.

McCauley reminds me of Eric Tannenbaum--very fast and slick. In Tannenbaums case, his high school nemesis was C.P. Schlatter. C.P. used sheer power and great technique to maintain an advantage in that matchup. McCauley should be a very good college wrestler but he is going to have to get stronger and modify his attack. Incidentally, I believe Tannenbaum was a 4x AA so I'm giving high praise to McCauley.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on August 29, 2010

That's the problem with injuries, it can prevent the high school greats from ever reaching the highest laurels. Who knows if the Schlatter brothers hadn't torn their ACLs and such? But, you can never tell when the injury bug will strike and its long term effects.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3