Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Morgan McIntosh
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 23, 2010

Fact, Ohio State U still has very adequate money-- for who they want to spend it on in this senior class.

Already have verbal commits from Tessari, DiJulius, Hunter Stieber-- and Derek Garcia who must re-sign again in November.

And right now the Buckeyes are looking at several BIG names out of state. If they get 2 of those who have already committed to visit, it could be the class that puts Ohio St on the national map. s/BobP

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on August 23, 2010

Would anyone care to list those who have commited to a visit? It's my understanding that Macintosh and Destin McCauley are two who have.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 23, 2010

Ohio is so lucky to have Tom Ryan, its crazy how LUCKY Ohio is.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 24, 2010

Not often I correct Bob but Ohio State is already on the national map.

Tom Ryan has raised expectations so much that the only comparisons of interest are to the 5-6 major programs that are positioning themselves for a run at the national title over the next several years. Cornell, Iowa, Okie State, Penn State and Minny are the programs with which we're trying to keep up. The current incoming class--H.Stieber, DiJulius, Garcia (assuming he recommits) and Tessari are the base of a monster class. Add a couple more major studs and the Bucks have put themselves in great position to challenge any of those schools.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on August 25, 2010

I say those four already make a great class, anything more is icing on the cake. The only bad thing about the class right now is that it doesn't have any upperweights.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 25, 2010

yes think BIG, a truly great class must have power in the hardest to fill wts, which are the upperwts (& 125).

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on August 25, 2010

I don't know why no one talking Chris Phillips still... We Got three why not four?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 26, 2010

think Kenny Courts too, 171 from PA, he is a possibility. He likes Ohio St, i understand. I rank him one of the top 3 wrestlers in PA regardless of wt. s/BobP

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 26, 2010

Watched video on Courts recently and he is an exceptional talent. He has phenomenal speed and power. I think he has all the tools to be an NCAA champ.

Julie Thomas added to this discussion on August 26, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Watched video on Courts recently and he is an exceptional talent. He has phenomenal speed and power. I think he has all the tools to be an NCAA champ."

I think he is talented but I am concerned about all the injuries he's had over the past four years. Seems to me I read he just finished up his 4th knee surgery in the past four years. I know he got injured at Cadet Duals two years ago during freestyle and greco and at Beast of the East his freshman year. Those knee surgeries are going to be a weak spot on him for the fact he keeps getting surgeries.
He doesn't seem to favor those styles much. I believe freestyle and greco are important in the off season to improve your skills in folkstyle season just my opinion. Just not sold that his body can take the grind of Big Ten. Hate to pour money into him to see him not make it out of the practice room. I would rather get McIntosh.

agree, Courts injury history not comforting --- but McIntosh too was out for long time, shoulder surgery, missed both Fargo and Ironman last year.

Courts likes Ohio St, likes Maryland too. McIntosh has maybe 5 or 6 schools he likes incl Ohio St. i guess the first to say yes gets the $$$. Goes for McCauley too.

checked with my expert in PA, he tells me this when i asked if Courts body will hold up in college-- he is usually right:

"Yes. He is a monster! You should look at his father, he has a 23 year olds body with huge shoulders. He has past knee injuries but it only keeps him out of Fargo. He is finally healthy for good (let's hope). May be a multiple time NCAA champ. Can ride and is super aggressive in neutral."

Courts was OW at the Beast of the East as a freshman. s/BobP

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 26, 2010

I was unaware of all the injuries. I can tell you this--for a guy with all these surgeries, he has unreal speed and power.

McIntosh is also a great prospect. He's powerful, keeps up the pressure and constantly fights for position to get to his shots. He's got the right style to be very good in college.

McCauley has great quickness and really nice technique on his feet.

All three will be very good.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on August 26, 2010

McCauley would be the real coup, from where I sit. He is from MN and I believe he works out with Overtime in IL, at least I believe I saw him in some videos with that group on FLO. So you could see ties to both NW and MN, and you know the big three of Iowa, ISU, and OkSt are in the mix.

Regardless, to Bob's point, OSU being in on all these kids is validation of Coach Ryan's national respect.

Julie Thomas added to this discussion on August 27, 2010

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"checked with my expert in PA, he tells me this when I asked if Courts body will hold up in college-- he is usually right:

"Yes. He is a monster! You should look at his father, he has a 23 year olds body with huge shoulders. He has past knee injuries but it only keeps him out of Fargo. He is finally healthy for good (let's hope). May be a multiple time NCAA champ. Can ride and is super aggressive in neutral."

Courts was OW at the Beast of the East as a freshman. s/BobP"

What about his hip, rumor on hip injury as well over the last year. Look I certaintly don't want to put the kid down, but compared to McIntosh's shoulder injury- Seems McIntosh was out for a few months this past year, Courts is consistently out every summer for the past four (with the exception of his freshman year out in December). Like I said JMO, I think Courts's injury's have more of a consistent proven track record to keep him out and it's most often his knees. Also college wrestling is a grind I am not so sure that if his knees couldn't take a high school schedule how are we to believe they can hold up during a college schedule. I have said my piece and I usually don't speak out but I just don't have a good feeling about us spending money on this kid.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next