Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Morgan McIntosh
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on July 25, 2010

Kid is perfect for Tom Ryan/Iowa style and obviously is a mat rat who competes year round in freestyle. Iowa signed Evans last year in the 184/197 range so hopefully they are out of the running. I was higher on Phillips and Camp but obviously things change. Would be a great way to round out next years class. GO get'em Coach Ryan!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 25, 2010

Seeing that it's Sunday, I'd like to extend a hearty "AMEN!!!!" to Brother Scott's post.

Julie Thomas added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

According to Iowa sites Evans was signed as a 174/184 pounder. So there is still a chance Iowa is in the hunt for McIntosh

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

Let me put an end to any McIntosh to Iowa concerns Dan Gilbert style.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES WILL SIGN MORGAN MCINTOSH BEFORE THE IOWA HAWKEYES."

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

Sign McIntosh and Destin mccauley. Your class would be: Hunter, Cam, Garcia, DiJulius plus the two mentioned above. That would be the best recruiting class in Ohio State history.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

Let's be real Hank, that ain't happening.

McCauley probably ends up either at Minnesota or Iowa. I'd be surprised if it's somewhere else - though Destin's post-championship interview in Fargo indicated that he was absolutely sick of the process, and gave no tip as to where he ends up.

I heard two different things about McIntosh from those whom were in Fargo. Someone said that Morgan made up his mind but isn't talking. However to contrast that, during the post-championship interview, McIntosh said he's going through the process and hasn't made up his mind. It would not surprise me if McIntosh stays out west and wrestles for Cal Poly -- first big coup for Mark Perry as co-head coach, additionally John Azevedo the other co-head coach is significantly connected at Calvary Chapel. I also think Minnesota is significantly in play for him too.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

Assuming McIntosh and Phillips both project at 184, who do you guys think is the better prospect?

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

McIntosh seems to be hitting on all cylinders. Phillips burst onto the scene but not much has been heard from him on the national stage of late. He will be an absolute stud to get but I would get McIntosh just from what he's done of late.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"Assuming McIntosh and Phillips both project at 184, who do you guys think is the better prospect?"

The answer is McIntosh and I say that unequivocally. Passion for the sport and motivation to compete is one of the biggest reasons why.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 26, 2010

"Let's be real Hank, that ain't happening.

McCauley probably ends up either at Minnesota or Iowa."
----------------------------------------------------

as Johnny Carson use to say, "Wrong Kemosabi".

fact, McCauley likes Ohio St alot, he is visiting i understand and theres pretty good chance he signs here, definitely possible. ----McIntosh probably will visit Ohio st so theres at least a chance, not a probability but a chance because he only has 5 paid visits.

buckeyes might need a 285 right now, Fortune could solve problem but he aint here yet and until ......... No one else has taken the spot.

of great interest is WHO is Ohio St next coach replacing JoeH, will it be a name ? IMO, has to be alot of good candidates i would think. i think it could be a blockbuster. s/BobP

Steve Lester added to this discussion on July 27, 2010

"McCauley likes Ohio St alot"

Wow!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 27, 2010

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"
of great interest is WHO is Ohio St next coach replacing JoeH, will it be a name ? IMO, has to be alot of good candidates I would think. I think it could be a blockbuster. s/BobP"

Fantastic question, Bob. You've got to hope it's an upper-middleweight (157-184) guy because right now they have Rosselli as a lightweight expert, Jaggers covering the lower-middleweight, and then they have the best heavyweight training situation in the country.

The area we're talking about is an interesting one. If we take a look at last season, there are several "marquee" assistant coaches at that range. Their names are Donnie Pritzlaff, Mark Perry, and Joe Heskett. The problem is that all of these guys have been elevated in position to Associate Head Coach (Pritzlaff), Co-Head Coach (Perry), and Head Coach (Heskett). I don't really see Pritzlaff and Perry leaving what they have going for anything but a head job.

I'm trying to think of others. Jared Frayer is guy who's just now retiring from competition, so he might be good, but he's kind of light (competes at 145.5, plus he's already an assistant at a very good program in Wisconsin). Ben Askren, but he's at Arizona State and has a great MMA training situation there. Max Askren might be good to bring in because of his funky style. Andy Hrovat?

Nebraska seems to put out a lot of good wrestlers in that weight range, maybe they should try to snag whoever they've got.

It would be cool to pull Steve Luke onto the coaching staff, but I'm not sure how interested he'd be since he's in pharmacy school.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 27, 2010

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

""McCauley likes Ohio St alot"

Wow!"

My response as well.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 27, 2010

yep, could be a WOW-- i'm not saying or predicting Ohio st will definitely sign McCauley, BUT the previous post implying that it is no way gonna happen, that is simply incorrect info.

i'm geting this from people, who i know, that DO KNOW-- not hearsay or "someone said", but contacts who are as close to the scene as u can get, more than one person too so its well founded.

Ohio st has as good a shot as MN or Iowa, as of right now. And McCauley will visit, as of today anyway, i know its always subject to change until he does actually visit but its a GO as of right now.

re McIntosh, a longer shot, but a pretty good chance he will visit Ohio st too, so that makes it possible if he visits.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 27, 2010

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Let me put an end to any McIntosh to Iowa concerns Dan Gilbert style.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES WILL SIGN MORGAN MCINTOSH BEFORE THE IOWA HAWKEYES.""

I heart Ben Golden!

...not so much love for that one guy that used to play for the Cavs but went elsewhere.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next