Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Recruiting c/o 2011
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 13, 2010

Per InterMat, top 100 recruits from OH: (and others listed as NR)

3. Chris Phillips -
7. Cam Tessari - OSU
9. Hunter Stieber - OSU
21. Johnni Dijulius - OSU
23. Nick Brascetta -
41. Ian Miller - Kent
70. Alex Utley -
81. Matt Stephens - Virginia Tech
NR. Ian Korb -
NR. Andrew Romanchik -
NR. Cody Walters - Ohio U.

Kyle Ryan -

Any info on those undecided?

Who else should be added as top level recruits?

Enjoy these discussions and possibilities.

Last edited by Ethan Moore on July 14, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 13, 2010

Jason Russel (Columbus West) - Heidelberg U.
Eric Wolfe (Licking Heights) - Notre Dame College

I see about finding out about some more from the Central Ohio region.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 13, 2010

Mark - good to see those two continuing on with the sport. Wolfe is a stud. They were class of 2010, correct?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Off topic but the Bucks will have one fabulous recruiting class coming in next season with H. Stieber, DiJulius, Tessari and Garcia. If they can add a few bigger guys, it'll set them up for several years.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Does anyone know if Fortune is on track to enroll this year?

Anyone have any further updates on Chirs Phillips' prospects for college? Someone said Gary's favorite school at one time. TOSU in the picture?

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Does anyone know if Fortune is on track to enroll this year?

Anyone have any further updates on Chirs Phillips' prospects for college? Someone said Gary's favorite school at one time. TOSU in the picture?"

Well, that would be the wise choice!!! lol

It is dressdown day here at the office, and I am sitting as I type wearing a tee shirt from that stellar institution. :)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Roe: Fortune should be eligible to compete second semester. So far, all indications that his transfer has gone smooth.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Mark - good to see those two continuing on with the sport. Wolfe is a stud. They were class of 2010, correct?"

Hey! That reminds me... The next time I post on a thread, how about I READ WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT!!!!!!

Both wrestlers I mentioned have graduated from high school and will be - in a very short month or two - reporting to their college destinations.

Good call, Ethan.

Oh, and by the way, The Wolfe Man IS A BEAST!!!!!!! He's usually up at our open mats wrestling very good competition and doing very well for himself.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 14, 2010

Here are some of the other notable non-ranked c/o 2011 that will get looks from colleges (Division I and otherwise).

Kyle Rose (Centerville) - state runner-up at 215. If he was actually going to wrestle in college, he has an awesome frame to be a DI 285. However, it seems that football is more his calling.

Logan Erb (Wapakoneta) - state champ at 215, career 215. question is if he can project effectively up at 285 because he certainly has the talent, ability, and potential to be a good DI prospect.

Sam Wheeler (Copley) - state runner-up at 171. Very explosive talent who came on during his junior season. Projects to the 184/197 weight classes. He'll be getting DI looks in the MAC at the very least.

Kyle Ryan (Graham) - two-time state finalist at 160 pounds, state champion in 2009. Placed fourth at the Ironman in the 160 weight class.

Konner Witt (Oak Harbor) - state runner-up at 152. Great lineage, as his brother Keith was an NCAA qualifier at Kent State this past year - and he comes from the historically strong Oak Harbor program.

Ian Korb (Elder) - state third at 171. A committed wrestler that competes in many national level events.

Andrew DeHart (Covington) - state runner-up at 145. Underexposed most notably due to schedule and lack of national production. The ability is there as a 3x state placer in the middle weights.

Dan Mirman (Medina Highland) - state runner-up at 135. Varying circumstances precluded him from state tournament participation prior to last year.

Travis McIntosh (Miami Trace) - state runner-up at 189. Could possibly be a 197 prospect, which is tough to find.

Kurt Schaefer (West Salem Northwestern) - state runner-up at 189, placed third the prior year.

Ethan Hayes (Dixie) - state champ at 215, question is does he project more as a 197 or a 285

Cody Shivener (Springboro) - state third at 130, finally achieving some of his potential coming into high school off a junior high state title. This senior year could be very "big" for him.

Andrew Romanchik (Padua) - state third at 125, three-time state qualifier also placing as a freshman.

Nick Goebel (Elmwood) - state third at 112, former state champ. Projects to the 125 pound weight class.

Dominic Prezzia (St Clairsville) - state third at 145, and Cadet Free runner-up in 2009.

Chad Sonnenberg (Van Buren) - state runner-up at 140

Matt Fee (Lake Catholic) - state third at 140

Johnny Matacic (Jackson Milton) - state champ at 130

Tyler Heminger (Galion Northmor) - three time state runner-up to members of the "Monroeville Four", the last two years at 119.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on July 15, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Does anyone know if Fortune is on track to enroll this year?

Anyone have any further updates on Chirs Phillips' prospects for college? Someone said Gary's favorite school at one time. TOSU in the picture?"

Well, that would be the wise choice!!! lol

It is dressdown day here at the office, and I am sitting as I type wearing a tee shirt from that stellar institution. :)"

After the LeQutter fiasco last week and given the now routine pounding TOSU gives that school, I'm going to have a hard time mustering the hatred necessary for the greatest rivalry. .

. . .just kiddng.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 16, 2010

"
It is dressdown day here at the office, and I am sitting as I type wearing a tee shirt from that stellar institution. :)"

It would definately be dressing down to put on that tee shirt...c'mon, you put it out there. I felt obligated to knock it out of the park.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 16, 2010

Kent inks a solid recruit/student from WV, Kyle Bauer. Nice get.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/7115

Brendan Moody added to this discussion on July 16, 2010

Sounds like s great character. Congrats.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on July 16, 2010

If he gets used to the practice of wearing shoes to school- which they don't do in West Virginia, he sounds like a good recruit.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on July 16, 2010

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

"

It would definately be dressing down to put on that tee shirt...c'mon, you put it out there. I felt obligated to knock it out of the park."

You are welcome for the setup. :)

And you know what I meant. lol

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next