Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Junior Duals
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on June 28, 2010

Will be interested to hear about the Sulzer fall. I would guess it was a touch fall or something flukey, he is too good and always seems to be in the correct position.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Keith Sulzer added to this discussion on June 28, 2010

Nick was winning 1-0 and allowed Akui to under hook him and use his upper body to his advantage. It was a touch fall...but no excuses.. he lost. Hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself at Fargo

Keith Sr

Ben Golden added to this discussion on June 28, 2010

Quote from Keith Sulzer's post:

"Hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself at Fargo"

Hopefully. It's an unseemly blemish on an otherwise spectacular freestyle season for him. Good luck.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on June 28, 2010

Impressive showing by the Ohio squad over the last two days. Those whom competed stepped it up and performed well.

Much credit to Todd Haverdill and Erik Burnett in terms of coordinating the team/roster, as well as coaching the team (along with Jim Andrassy) in OKC. Also much credit to those kids that chose to compete in what is along with Fargo the toughest event of the summer season.

Undefeated records for Johnni DiJulius, Hunter Stieber, and Ian Miller (Kyle Roddy went 2-0, but these three individuals won at least seven contested matches over the two days). Nathan Tomasello, Brad Squire, Nick Sulzer, and Billy Vaughan all went 9-1 for the two days (at least eight contested matches for each).

Showing you how tough the competition is in OKC, state champion/Cadet National FS runner-up Nick Tavanello went 6-4 (2-4 in contested matches) for the tournament. Three losses were to 2x state champ Cody Krumwiede (top 40 national recruit); state champ/JN double AA Alex Polizzi (top 100 c/o 2010, Northwestern bound); and 3x state champ/FILA Jr champ Lee Munster (top 10 recruit c/o 2010 Northwestern bound). The other loss was an unfortunate pin against Adam Coon from Michigan (who won state as a freshman) in which Tavanello took the first period 7-0 but lost by fall in the second. Among the wins was one over Ronnie Balfour, who will be attending Oklahoma in the fall -- Balfour was up two weights from the in-season though.

An unheralded wrestler like Edgar Bright went 7-3 with a pair of quality wins in the tournament; beating 2x state champ (career undefeated)/FILA Cadet AA Cody Clark, and also defeating Cadet GR AA/former state finalist Alex Calandrino. Two of the three losses were to Cadet double AA's with state tournament finals appearance in Tyler Fraley and Derek Elmore.

Antony Sharples added to this discussion on June 29, 2010

Josh, do you think this could be Ian Miller's coming out party? It didn't look like he had any huge wins, but does this finally get him some love from the pollsters? I think he has top 4 potential in Fargo

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on June 30, 2010

Ian Miller was ranked around 40th in the just released Class of 2011 recruiting rankings (that's across weight classes). This was PRIOR to the 7-0 Junior FS Duals. He was ranked 20th at 145 in the end of season rankings -- those do not reflect the win over James Green at the Brockport Regional either.

Anthony -- I hesitate to guarantee ANYTHING about Fargo short of for an "untouchable" type of wrestler (i.e. F-Rod at 105, Taylor Massa, Alton twins if they go, Kindig, et al). However, I think Ian certainly has AA potential to say the least.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on June 30, 2010

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"
Anthony -- I hesitate to guarantee ANYTHING about Fargo short of for an "untouchable" type of wrestler (I.e. F-Rod at 105, Taylor Massa, Alton twins if they go, Kindig, et al). However, I think Ian certainly has AA potential to say the least."

Is this untouchable F-Rod the same one that Dean Heil touched?

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on June 30, 2010

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"
Anthony -- I hesitate to guarantee ANYTHING about Fargo short of for an "untouchable" type of wrestler (I.e. F-Rod at 105, Taylor Massa, Alton twins if they go, Kindig, et al). However, I think Ian certainly has AA potential to say the least."

Is this untouchable F-Rod the same one that Dean Heil touched?"

Understand CONTEXT here.

Rodriguez is an untouchable down at 105. If he was at 112, I would hedge to predict. Remember that when Rodriguez met Heil, Rodriguez went up a weight class to make that happen (108 v 117). Heil competed Disney at 112, which was actually 117; Rodriguez was competing at Junior Duals at 105.

Pay attention to the detail within my comment.

"

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"

Is this untouchable F-Rod the same one that Dean Heil touched?"

Understand CONTEXT here.

Rodriguez is an untouchable down at 105. If he was at 112, I would hedge to predict. Remember that when Rodriguez met Heil, Rodriguez went up a weight class to make that happen (108 v 117). Heil competed Disney at 112, which was actually 117; Rodriguez was competing at Junior Duals at 105.

Pay attention to the detail within my comment."

I, like the whipped puppy, humbly submit. Thanks for your insight and detail.

BUT HEIL > RODRIGUEZ!

Some of the matches are now up on gohiocasts.com:

http://gohiocasts.com/event/main/show/id/237302

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2