Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: BigTen Expansion: Good or bad for College wrestling???
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 18, 2010

Big Ten Expansion has the potential to add programs which would be outstanding. My concern is how the remaining Big Five (twelve) would be affected. Ideally, the remaining schools in that conference would be co-opted into the Big Ten for wrestling purposes only (doesn't this already go on with the PAC 10). A superconference could emerge with the original Big Five plus the current Big Ten schools combining and subdividing. That would be terrific. I don't know if that's a possible outcome but since wrestling is non-revenue it would seem more plausible than if we were talking about football or basketball.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 18, 2010

yep Brian brought up a good point, not keeping score, i merely wanted more info/facts, which is my nature. I said i would "be amazed", and frankly i am amazed that Wisc apparently doesnt have baseball and Nwstn doesnt have track & field.
------------------------------------

"Ideally, the remaining schools in that conference would be co-opted into the Big Ten for wrestling purposes only (doesn't this already go on with the PAC 10)." --- interesting idea Hank, certainly worth considering.

Jeff Sitler added to this discussion on May 20, 2010

another sport is volleyball. PSU and OSU play in different conferences because the Big Ten doesn't support men's volleyball

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 20, 2010

well i was told by a Big Ten coach at the US Mens Open that wrestling is a Tier One sport in the Big Ten, a term i was unfamilair with. So take it from there. imo, Nebraska is the prize for wrestling & football, the rest of them wont add much to the Big Ten except in basketball.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2