Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Who is next on the Buckeye wish list?
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on May 5, 2010

Great early signings in the lower middle weights. Does Coach Ryan get a big guy to compliment this class? Chris Phillips would seem the obvious choice given his unbelievable talent and proximity. The question has been raised about his potential college weight (the bigger the better for the Bucks imo). Another intriguing possibility is Mcintosh who has been on the radar for a while but making big noise lately (spliting with Ruth). He seems more of a 184/197 which better fits the Buckeye needs. What other upperweight prospects are out there?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on May 6, 2010

I heard that Kenny Courts out of PA was being recruited. Wrestled 171 last year, but that he was gonna grow some more, so a good potential 184 or more.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on May 6, 2010

I would like either Camp or Phillips. T hey both be great pick ups for the Bucks! I really love having coach Ryan here he is doing great things...

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 7, 2010

Courts or McIntosh strike me as the best options (without giving it a whole lot of thought). Campolattano is playing football so that isn't going to happen.

I love Chris Phillips but Josh Lowe raises some interesting points with his comments.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on May 8, 2010

I don't really question Phillips that much. To say he has plateaued just because he isn't competing in USA Wrestling events or summer freestyle doesn't compute IMO. I see nothing from his season this year that would make me question his abilities or upside, including the Utley match.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on May 8, 2010

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"I don't really question Phillips that much. To say he has plateaued just because he isn't competing in USA Wrestling events or summer freestyle doesn't compute IMO. I see nothing from his season this year that would make me question his abilities or upside, including the Utley match."

I don't think there's been anything to indicate that he's plateaued in terms of potential, physical abilities or that kind of thing. I do think that his absence from these big time events makes it very difficult to evaluate if/how much he has progressed. I'm sure the Burnetts could tell you, but most of us don't get to see him wrestle all the time.

► Add to the Discussion