Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan Stieber, 2010 Dave Schultz Excellent Award Midwest Region Winner
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on April 13, 2010

Was there any real question of him winning this? I believe he is the favorite to win the National Award.

http://www.wrestlinghalloffame.org/news.php?action=fullnews&id=3237

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Logan Stieber, 2010 Dave Schultz Excellent Award Midwest Region Winner
Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

"His academic achievements include a 3.78 GPA, recipient of the Presidential Education Academic Award, the Award of Merit, Wendy's Heisman Award as well as being a member of the National Honors Society. He will be attending Ohio State University this fall."

Congrats on a great achievement. With those credentials you would think he was going to Yale; instead he is going to the Yale of the west!

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

""His academic achievements include a 3.78 GPA, recipient of the Presidential Education Academic Award, the Award of Merit, Wendy's Heisman Award as well as being a member of the National Honors Society. He will be attending Ohio State University this fall."

Congrats on a great achievement. With those credentials you would think he was going to Yale; instead he is going to the Yale of the west!"

He will be going to the what of the what??????? LOL

Such vivid imaginations you honks have!!!! It is not even in the top three schools in Ohio, much less the "west".

John Ice added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

OK Gary, you have made that point hundereds of times. We all get it.

Quote from John Ice's post:

"OK Gary, you have made that point hundereds of times. We all get it."

John, I was only messing with Roe. And I just responded to his "what of the what" comment. It's not like I decided to bring up what is a sore subject to the Ohio State faithful.

I would not poke fun at the less fortunate. :)

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

" It is not even in the top three schools in Ohio, much less the "west"."

This really gets old, Gary. The negative to positive ratio of your comments on this board is probably around 10:1.

With that said, I agree that it is definitely not the Yale of the west, but what three schools do you think rank ahead of it? Case and ??

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

This really gets old, Gary. The negative to positive ratio of your comments on this board is probably around 10:1.

With that said, I agree that it is definitely not the Yale of the west, but what three schools do you think rank ahead of it? Case and ??"

Miami and Oberlin.

By the way, the Ohio State hyperbole is what, fresh?

I think of myself as providing some much-needed balance. :)

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

"

"

With that said, I agree that it is definitely not the Yale of the west, but what three schools do you think rank ahead of it? Case and ??"

Miami and Oberlin.

I think of myself as providing some much-needed balance. :)"

I don't know how arrive at your rankings, but I'll (truly) be interested to hear. Personally, I think rankings schools is somewhat of an arbitrary and inaccurate task, but I understand its importance in providing a general relationship between the caliber of schools.

According to US News and World Report's rankings, Ohio State is the #18 public school in the country. Miami is #34. As a liberal arts school, I think it's pretty tough to compare Oberlin with the other two.

All three are fine schools, and I think ultimately you get out of your school what you put into it. I tend to think an education's value isn't limited some number on a page.

Public school rankings:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public

"

"

"

Miami and Oberlin.

I think of myself as providing some much-needed balance. :)"

I don't know how arrive at your rankings, but I'll (truly) be interested to hear. Personally, I think rankings schools is somewhat of an arbitrary and inaccurate task, but I understand its importance in providing a general relationship between the caliber of schools.

According to US News and World Report's rankings, Ohio State is the #18 public school in the country. Miami is #34. As a liberal arts school, I think it's pretty tough to compare Oberlin with the other two.

All three are fine schools, and I think ultimately you get out of your school what you put into it. I tend to think an education's value isn't limited some number on a page.

Public school rankings:
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public"

In the case of Ohio State v. Miami, having my fifth child now beginning a college search it just seems to be the perception of the students and Guidance staff at Shaker. But that might be more anecdotal than anything.

Agreed regarding Oberlin, probably apples and oranges.

And Ben, I completely agree with your last statement about getting out what you put in.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

I suppose this is a bad time to mention "The Harvard on the Hocking," A.K.A...Ohio University. Although, I've only heard grad students refer to OU that way.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 14, 2010

"

John, I was only messing with Roe. And I just responded to his "what of the what" comment. It's not like I decided to bring up what is a sore subject to the Ohio State faithful.

I would not poke fun at the less fortunate. :)"

I assumed Gary would get the play on that school up north's saying that it is the Harvard of the west, a much antiquated and clearly inapplicable phrase these days.

I knew I would hear from my buddy! Still, great credentials, both academic and athletic, by Stieber.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

"

I would not poke fun at the less fortunate. :)"

I assumed Gary would get the play on that school up north's saying that it is the Harvard of the west, a much antiquated and clearly inapplicable phrase these days.

I knew I would hear from my buddy! Still, great credentials, both academic and athletic, by Stieber."

Actually, true story, I have a tee shirt from when I was there (MANY years ago) saying that Harvard is the "Michigan of the East". Agreed I would not go nearly that far, but while some of the sports are on hard times by Michigan standards right now the academics are still everything they were (insert joke there).

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

I'm hoping to hit up Stansbury... Jessie Spano ROCKS!!!

...and so does James "the Actor".

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

Which reminds me... Way to go, Logan!

► Add to the Discussion