Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio University- 2010-2011
Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

I posted this on another thread but wanted to get the opinions on this site as well.

125- Ramos (3rd in the MAC, had some great wins)
133- Keyes ( been on the edge the past 2 season, can he end his career at nationals)
141- Lindsey (AA this season, great career, hard worker)
149- Not sure here- they have multiple time state champ Squire coming in- he could fit here, they also have the hard nosed Spellman here
157- Lang (could be a stud if he is anything like his brother)
165- this is a big question mark- possibly Wilson or Kline
174- Purdue (a small 184 this past season, he could make the cut as a returning NQ)
184- could be prized recruit Duckworth or Sanders who had a great redshirt year
197- Schuth (returning MAC champ)
285- Johnson (had a solid redshirt year and could steal the spot from Hartshorn

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Tim Courtad added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

Should be a good year. I heard that Reedy could be back at 149. Would be nice to get All American honors from Lindsey, Schuth, and Purdue. Purdue beat Bennett from Central Michigan when at 174. Look for big things out of him at his natural weight of 174.

The MAC could have three teams ranked in the top 20 next year. Has this ever happened? The new system for NCAA qualifiers will really help the MAC's ability to get ranked earlier in the season based on their NCAA performances.

Now all we have to do is keep our wrestlers in state!!!!! Would be great to see OU battling Ohio State for a National title. I am sick of seeing Iowa vs Iowa State every year or Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State. If Ohio kept all of their best wrestlers all the Ohio colleges would be ranked in the top 25, even Cleveland State. ( on another note, my company is doing work on CSU's Campus and I am very impressed with the master plan they have there right now. The campus is modern and expanding. Look for CSU to try to get into the MAC when they start their football program.)

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

Any chance for Weinkam at 65?

Tim Courtad added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

I heard he is still having issuesand is doubtful, but i'm sure after watching his high school teammate All American this year, he will do his best to get a chance to get back out there.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

I talked to him at the KSU meet and he was pretty sure he was done. It is hard to battle a broken back. You can't fault a kid for not wanting to be paralyzed the rest of his life.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

OU's group has made a lot of progress. Is Reedy still part of the picture? How about Iammarino? Cicarelllo?

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

Reedy - I'm not sure, but he was penciled in at 49 this year and last but missed both due to a series of injuries.

Ciccarello is definitely still in the mix and provides great depth at 125. I believe his father posts on here, perhaps he can fill us in on his progress? Ramos had a really strong second half, and I think he ended the season a top 33 125. (including a win over ranked Young from WVU)

Iammarino - I don't think he's still on the team.

Sanders, Lang, Garringer, and Johnson come off RS next season and could find varsity mat time.

Sanders was 23-8 as a RS and placed at four tournaments.

Johnson was 26-9 and placed at 5 tournaments.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"OU's group has made a lot of progress. Is Reedy still part of the picture? How about Iammarino? Cicarelllo?"

Good question on Reedy. I really like him in hs and wondered what happened to him. COuld he be a possibility at 149.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 24, 2010

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"I talked to him at the KSU meet and he was pretty sure he was done. It is hard to battle a broken back. You can't fault a kid for not wanting to be paralyzed the rest of his life."

True dat! I remember watching an interview with Dan Gable as he discussed not listening to his body enough as a youngster. True, a back is probably more alerting than a finger, hip or toe, but I think the kid made the correct call here.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on March 25, 2010

What about Alex Minnard? He had an excellent HS career despite no state title and is very talented. Would he be stuck on the pine behind Lindsey?

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 25, 2010

Is Minnard that big? Didn't he finish his hs career at 119?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 25, 2010

I see Minnard cutting to 125 or growing to 133. He'd actually be a very nice 133 pounder if he built up to about 143 or 145 and then cut down. He was tough and physical if I remember correctly.

► Add to the Discussion