Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Finals thoughts
Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on March 21, 2010

how deep did Ness dig? Down 3 with about 30 seconds left, on bottom, after getting knocked with a knee to the head. To come back an win in regulation. All I can say is WOW.

125, the scrambles were great. I hope Dake stays healthy so we can see more of him.

149-Please forgive me for this comment, but Lance did not seem to "get after it" in the last 30 seconds of the match when they were neutral. I'd never tell a 4 time AA how to wrestle, but is it not true that a one point loss is the same as a six point loss? I would have liked to seen lance attempt at something, shot, throw, pick. even if it puts him in a bad position, I would think you got to try (please see comments about Ness) Metcalf was in a great stance.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 22, 2010

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/index.php?q=node/36096

Some great insight here provided by Lance, Reece, and Nikko. There is an explanation given to some of the burining questions we have. First, the mysterious protest in Nikko's first match is explained in detail. Second, Reece talks about his tournament and even sheds some light on what injuries Mike Pucillo has been battling all year long. Third, Lance sheds some light on why he didn't attack more at the end of his finals match. Great interviews done by J.D. w/ all 3 of these guys.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 22, 2010

That is great stuff. So much truth in everything said. It is therapeutic for me to listen to the interview with Hump.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 22, 2010

It's great to hear things straight from the wrestler's mouth. I realize during the season you have to keep some things (i.e. injuries) under wraps or your opponent will use it to his advantage. But now it make sense why Mike didn't perform like we were accustomed to. Those TD's that got away make more sense after hearing about how painful the shoulder injury was. 2 years ago Mike got that high crotch and just lifted his opponents off the mat (Keddy & Jordon in particular), this year they were fighting off and getting loose. But that NCAA Championship banner of Mike will always hang from the rafters of St. John Arena, no matter what happened this year. That's how Mike Pucillo will be remembered, 2008 NCAA CHAMPION.

► Add to the Discussion