Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Tommy Rowlands coming back??????
Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Reece gives a very candid interview after his 3rd place bout.

He says a lot of interesting things about styles, injuries, the tournament, etc., but I won't comment on those. What I will point out is what he says at the end.

Tommy Rowlands is coming back! I assumed he was retired for good, but apparently not. I imagine it will take him a while to get back to form after taking almost 2 years off, but I can't wait to see how he does.

How deep is the USA going to be at heavyweight?? Dlagnev, Mocco, Rowlands, and Bradley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9UNQf9zzDE&feature=PlayList&p=A11BDA7D093544E0&index=124

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Great interview.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 2, 2010

THE US Mens & Womens Senior Open--- Thursday April 22 thru Saturday April 24-- all finals on Saturday at CSU's Wolstein Center-- with FILA Juniors on Sunday April 25.

Hats off to Ohio USA chairman Chris KALLAI and and vice-chairman Leo SANIUK for bringing this here !! --- i'm on the local organizing committee, let's support this event and keep it in Ohio. Cleveland has it the next 2 years since Las Vegas didnt support it, we got it but have to KEEP IT--- let's show up, it'll be FUN, the Whose Who of the American wrestling community wil be there, your kids will love it.

Cleveland States Wolstein Center is a great venue-- its up to high school & club coaches to promote this. Group & youth rates are available. EXPOSE our kids to many of the best wrestlers in America and the Olympic styles.

Group & indiv, adult & youth, rates available, call Ticketmaster 216-687-9292.

Event Contact
Event Director: Chris Kallai ------ Meredith Scerba
Phone: (330) 603-4574 ------- (216) 621-0600
Email: wrestlec_kallai@yahoo.com

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 2, 2010

Gentlemen,

we all know on these forums alot of WHINING goes on about how to build wrestling in Ohio and America---- nows your chance, not to whine but to DO !!!!!!!!!!! so get off our butts. THE US Mens Open, let's show up.

s/BobP

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on April 3, 2010

I agree and am planning on bringing some of the local kids up to watch.

Last edited by Mark Adelman on April 3, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Tim Courtad added to this discussion on April 3, 2010

I'll be there. The best of the best will be there. You will see national champs get tech falled. This is an exciting tourney. Will be fun to watch and not have to wrestle in it like the past tourneys I've been to.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 3, 2010

gonna be some top Ohio guys too, L Stieber-- Harry Lester unless he's taking a year off ?? -- Hrovat, Tommy Rowlands, Bergman, David Bertolini.

and some Ohio RTC guys like Tervel and Shawn Bunch and maybe some Ohio st guys like Jaggers an ReeceH---

lots of Ohio ladies ranked by US Wr will be here: Vanessa Oswalt from Mt Vernon i think, she is ranked 3rd in Womens freestyle at 138 lb-- Gabrielle Henry from Columbus 5th at 112-- Shannon Reeves 4th at 130 from Cuyahoga Falls-- Nena Garcia 5th at 130 from Clyde-- Loreen Louve 7th at 138 from Massilion-- Emma Randall 8th at 147 from Jamestown Ohio, Its gonna be fun and its here. s/BobP

John Herren added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

We would absolutely go except its the same day as TOC duals in Columbus. I wonder how much that may hurt attendance?

John Herren added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"gonna be some top Ohio guys too, L Stieber-- Harry Lester unless he's taking a year off ?? -- Hrovat, Tommy Rowlands, Bergman, David Bertolini.

and some Ohio RTC guys like Tervel and Shawn Bunch and maybe some Ohio st guys like Jaggers an ReeceH---

lots of Ohio ladies ranked by US Wr will be here: Vanessa Oswalt from Mt Vernon I think, she is ranked 3rd in Womens freestyle at 138 lb-- Gabrielle Henry from Columbus 5th at 112-- Shannon Reeves 4th at 130 from Cuyahoga Falls-- Nena Garcia 5th at 130 from Clyde-- Loreen Louve 7th at 138 from Massilion-- Emma Randall 8th at 147 from Jamestown Ohio, Its gonna be fun and its here. s/BobP"

Isn't J.D. Bergman and Tervel Dlagner going to be in this?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 15, 2010

"Isn't J.D. Bergman and Tervel Dlagner going to be in this?" ------- Yes, i said that they are, re-read my quote please.

on Saturday, the Mens finals are also the same date as the Ohio St U spring football game-- but it comes down to either we are gonna support our sport, here in Ohio and at its HIGHEST level, or we are not??? And if we are not then let's quit pretending. As my ex-girlfriends father used to say, "Sheeeet or get off the pot." s/BobP

► Add to the Discussion