Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Nationals Discussion
Greg Debbe added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Is Gomez going to try to wrestle?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Mitcheff wins! Looks like he will face Steve Bell of Maryland later this evening.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Germane Lindsey - All American.

Don Mahon added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

So it's Lance vs Brent again!

Ison loses to Blanton. Heckuva season for the senior. Came in placing no higher than 5th in D3 Ohio high school wrestling and ends his career in the round of 12.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

If I'm reading that correctly, looks like Reece was downed, that's a major bummer.

Ugh, I just read that Colt lost out to Nick Amuchastegui. At least Mike, Nikko, and Reece are still in it.

Dustin Kilgore - All American!

Don Mahon added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"If I'm reading that correctly, looks like Reece was downed, that's a major bummer.

Ugh, I just read that Colt lost out to Nick Amuchastegui. At least Mike, Nikko, and Reece are still in it."

Next we have Reece vs. Germane

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"It seems Lance gained a lot of confidence after beating Metcalf. He is now on a mission.

I am at work and didn't see the Lindsey match, but he had two TDs in regulation. From text results it seems his error was not making Marion work harder for escapes. 6 less seconds of RT and he would be wrestling tonight."

Isn't every guy there on a mission, or only a guy wearing Scarlet and Gray?

They might not all complete that mission, most won't, but I have to believe far more guys there are "on a mission" than just Palmer. They wouldn't have gotten that far if they weren't."

I know two wrestlers on a mission: Zeerip and Biondo. Their mission is to bring back steaks from Omaha for the Michigan team barbeque today during which the ENTIRE TEAM will watch the medal and final rounds on TV.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

"

"It seems Lance gained a lot of confidence after beating Metcalf. He is now on a mission.

I am at work and didn't see the Lindsey match, but he had two TDs in regulation. From text results it seems his error was not making Marion work harder for escapes. 6 less seconds of RT and he would be wrestling tonight."

They might not all complete that mission, most won't, but I have to believe far more guys there are "on a mission" than just Palmer. They wouldn't have gotten that far if they weren't."

I know two wrestlers on a mission: Zeerip and Biondo. Their mission is to bring back steaks from Omaha for the Michigan team barbeque today during which the ENTIRE TEAM will watch the medal and final rounds on TV."

Funny Roe, really funny. :)

And nothing wrong with Omaha Steaks. :)

I just get amused at the hyperbole thrown out Ohio State's way. A LOT of guys there on "on a mission". That seems obvious to me. To just mention it along with an Ohio State wrestler seems like a weeee bit of a homer to me.

So isn't saying that kind of redundant? No need at all for the hype when it also apples to most everyone there, if not all of them.

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

"

"

"

I know two wrestlers on a mission: Zeerip and Biondo. Their mission is to bring back steaks from Omaha for the Michigan team barbeque today during which the ENTIRE TEAM will watch the medal and final rounds on TV."

I just get amused at the hyperbole thrown out Ohio State's way. A LOT of guys there on "on a mission". That seems obvious to me. To just mention it along with an Ohio State wrestler seems like a weeee bit of a homer to me.

So isn't saying that kind of redundant? No need at all for the hype when it also apples to most everyone there, if not all of them."

I don't find it unusual considering this is an Ohio site and that Lance will be facing a wrestler that is/was widely considered the best this and for the last three years untill the B10 finals two weeks ago. In fact, the finals match at 149 is, no doubt, the most anticipated of all the finals, and not just here in Ohio. If you would go to a Michigan wrestling site to post you would not feel so much angst as the discussion would be about other things, such as the taste of Omaha steaks.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Fantastic job by Kent and OU. Mitcheff has had a monster tourney and Kilgore got on the board. Isn't it funny how all those years Kent couldn't AA and after last season they come right back with two more? Andrassy has spent years working to build his program and he has delivered.

OU showed up for this years NCAA's and left with their heads high. Ison battled to the round of twelve and Lindsey slayed giants.

Congrats to Nikko Triggas on earning AA honors. Gotta be a great feeling for him and the staff.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 20, 2010

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"

"

"

"

So isn't saying that kind of redundant? No need at all for the hype when it also apples to most everyone there, if not all of them."

I don't find it unusual considering this is an Ohio site and that Lance will be facing a wrestler that is/was widely considered the best this and for the last three years untill the B10 finals two weeks ago. In fact, the finals match at 149 is, no doubt, the most anticipated of all the finals, and not just here in Ohio. If you would go to a Michigan wrestling site to post you would not feel so much angst as the discussion would be about other things, such as the taste of Omaha steaks."

Unusual? Not at all. Unnecesary? Probably.

Or the discussion might be about the extrememly high academic ranking of the University. :)

Or about its constant position near the very top of the Director's Cup rankings of top athletic programs. :)

Or that UofM has the highest non-resident tuition among all public schools, because it can. :)

And, when I first went there and was listening to the Northwestern football game, I did find Bob Ufer quite annoying. See, I can be objective. LOL

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 26, 2010

"

Unusual? Not at all. Unnecesary? Probably.

Or the discussion might be about the extrememly high academic ranking of the University. :)

Or about its constant position near the very top of the Director's Cup rankings of top athletic programs. :)

Or that UofM has the highest non-resident tuition among all public schools, because it can. :)

And, when I first went there and was listening to the Northwestern football game, I did find Bob Ufer quite annoying. See, I can be objective. LOL"

The latest Director's Cup rankings (released 3/25/10):

Directors' Cup standings
1. Stanford, 559
2. Florida, 548
3. Penn State, 521.5
4. Virginia, 518
5. Minnesota, 487.75
6. Oregon, 456.5
7. North Carolina, 454.5
8. Florida State, 445.25
9. Ohio State, 440
10. UCLA, 417
11. Wisconsin, 398.5
12. Texas A&M, 389
13. Maryland, 373
14. West Virginia, 367.5
15. LSU, 365.5
16. New Mexico, 357.25
17. Nebraska, 354.25
18. Virginia Tech, 342.5
19. Iowa State, 342
20. Villanova, 338.5
21. Indiana, 338
22. Oklahoma State, 319.5
23. Washington, 318.5
24. Southern California, 316.5
25. Oklahoma, 310

I'm having a hard time finding those uber-intelligent Wolverines....are they extinct?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 26, 2010

Michigan is now suffering the same curse TOSU had to live though.

TOSU got rid of a loyal Buckeye who won most of his games (but not all) and bled scarlet and gray (Bruce) for a jim-bob gimmicky coach (Cooper) who they thought could beat their arch rival.

So Michigan jettisons a loyal Wolverine who won most of his games (but not all) including a title and bled maize and blue for a jim-bob gimmicky coach (Rodriguez) who they thought could beat their arch rival. Now 0-2 and counting.

The curse eventulally spreds to other sports -- like wrestling -- until they right the wrong by hiring a loyal Buckeye (Tressel) as football coach who wins most of his games, including a title, and they learn to stick with him through thick and thin.

With whom can Michigan purge the curse before McFarland is a casualty?

Of course, I'm listening to the Michael Stanley Band and drinking a beer so this theory may have a flaw.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next