Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Nationals Discussion
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Bucks start Friday in great style with quarter final victories and cons wins by Pucillo, Magrum, Paddock, Triggas Spons. Rella lost in OT to Manuel so sadly his career has closed. In hindsight, his draw was pretty rough.

Pucillo caught a nice break in my opinion as Erwin beat Jerome Ward so Erwin is his next opponent. Ward beat Pucillo earlier in season while Mike beat Erwin at Big Tens. No guarantee of course.

Should Mike win that Cons, he'll need to beat Clayton Foster of Okie State to AA.

Kilgore, Lindsey and Mitcheff all lost in the quarters. All three can AA if they win their next cons bout.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Triggas takes out former AA James Nicholson. Nice!

Triggas will take on Jarrod Garnett from Virginia Tech in a 5th rd cons match. Winner is All American. Triggas has beaten the 12th and 7th seeded wrestlers back to back.

Paddock lost his 4th rd cons bout to Steve Bell. He had a nice tourney as a true frosh. Memo to Tom Ryan--Redshirt him next year. Paddock can be a national champ if given enough time to develop.

Bill Watson added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

can someone give me the cbs link

Spons wins his cons match. He'll take on Nick Amuchastegui in a cons match to AA. Hold your breath.

Iron Mike takes a 3-0 lead on Dave Erwin.

Mike gets 3 backs and now is winning 6-1. Now, we're seeing a semblance of the real Pucillo!

John Ice added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Bill-NCAA.com

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

3 in the consi quarters with two in the semis is very good and becomes excellent if the consi quarterfinalist win.

Dake is a big hurdle for Hump as he is fearless and as good on top as anyone at the tournament. That makes a wrestler very very confident.

Rex: They have two AA's in the bank and three wrestlers in need of one more win. How the next hour of wrestling goes will determine a huge part of their overall team success.

Sponseller should win but I'd have said that before.
I really don't know what to expect from Pucillo but my hunch is he's going to gut out another victory.
Triggas has exceeded expectations. A win here would be both unexpected and a brilliant turnaround for his career.

Hump indeed has his hands full. Dake's poise as a true frosh reminds me of Dustin Schlatter. Reece needs to wrestle both smart and aggressively.

Palmer and Molinaro have slapped their comp around. They're both brutes.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

No interest in the MAC wrestlers, huh? I'll tow the line for the other D1 programs in Ohio.

Ison beats 9 seed Manuel, has Blanton to AA.

Barlow loses to Everhart 4-1.

I like the match ups in the consolations and I like Lance's match up. I think for Hump to win, he needs to get a td in the first period to improve his probability. He needs some nice explosive, clean technique. I don't see Dake getting overly extended in his offense, so Hump is going to have to work a bit to get him out of position.

I like that Triggas matches up against an ACC guy as they are maybe not so familiar with each other. I like Pucillo going against an Okie State guy as opposed to Dergo, Keddy, or Kilgore. I like Colt wrestling a Pac 10 guy.

The truth is that consolation round is just brutal. It is like the go to state bout but with quite a bit more work invested for these guys.

I have 1 great experience and and 4 humbling experiences in that round.

Ethan-

Much love your way. Go MAC. Old habits die hard.

I am looking forward to following Lindsey as I did meet him at your brother's camp. I thought he was not quite ready for the pace of tie ups that Marion threw at him. Otherwise he looked very good in the quarters. I thought the difference was that Marion had little more specific gameplan

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Did anyone else look like Kilgore was gassed in the Askren match? He laid there the last :45 seconds of the match and did nothing but had his head on the mat.

Palmer looks to be on a single mission and that's win the whole thing this year. He came out right away and just went to work on Chamberlain pinning him that quickly is impressive.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next