Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: OU and KSU day one
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Kent -

Mitcheff and Kilgore both advance to the quarters as expected. Mitcheff has returning national champ Gomez and Kilgore has Max Askren. Mitcheff is under valued on the national stage and for me a win here would only be a minor upset. Gomez has lost twice to Dennis from Iowa this season. Kilgore is the favorite against Askren and just needs to concentrate on staying in good position.

Ross Tice went 1-1 and wrestled well. He has Colt this morning.

Keith Witt went 0-2. Great experience getting there as a freshman.

Barlow went 1-1. He lost to the returning national champ in OT then won his first consolation match in OT. He has Klimek from CS Fullterton this morning, who I know nothing about.

OU:

Lindsey wrestled very well, majoring Melde and then beating 3 seed Thorn 7-3. He has Marion from Iowa in the quarters. He will have to wrestle well to win.

Morton went 1-1. He has 11 seed Des Green today, who I believe beat him 3-2 at the MAC finals.

Ison went 1-1. He won his first round match and then lost to the 1 seed Lewnes.He has Jeff James from Oklahoma today. (is it just me, or is Oklahoma winning a lot of matches with kids I've never heard of?)

Purdue also went 1-1. He lost to Spellman, who had defeated earlier in the season, in rd 1. He has McCroskey from TN CHAT this morning, who beat Miller. If he wins that he could have Bradshaw from Edinboro who he split with during the regular season. Nick has a chance to make some noise in the consis.

Schuth went 0-2. I was shocked by this. He was headlocked and pinned quickly in the consis.

All said, I think both teams should be pleased with how they wrestled. Each have four wrestlers alive going into Day 2.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Kilgore looked a little lethargic in his first bout, but came out on fire in his 2nd round match. He will need to do that against M. Askren. Max seems to be on fire as well with two pins out of the gate.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 19, 2010

Germaine loses in OT. The match was sent to OT based on 1:05 in RT for Marion. Heartbreaking!

► Add to the Discussion