Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: I'm for Mike Pucillo
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Ben...Come on, you don't think it's safe to assume that the loyalties in a topic like this are to THE Ohio State University and not to Ohio wrestlers? Pucillo and Miller meet in the pigtail bout at 184. One of their successes is, by definition, the other's misforture.

I don't care if someone wants to root for a team, that's what being a fan is all about. I was just responding to your "Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers..." comment.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Ben...Come on, you don't think it's safe to assume that the loyalties in a topic like this are to THE Ohio State University and not to Ohio wrestlers? Pucillo and Miller meet in the pigtail bout at 184. One of their successes is, by definition, the other's misforture.

I don't care if someone wants to root for a team, that's what being a fan is all about. I was just responding to your "Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers..." comment."

To be honest I didn't think Zeb was an OSU fan. I remember watching his videos from when he went to the OSU/Michigan game with Steve Luke and he was wearing a Michigan sweater. He went to KSU. I assumed that his excitement about Pucillo was based on the fact that Pucillo's an Ohio guy and Zeb has gotten to interview him many times (I would assume they've gotten to know each other outside those interviews as well).

Also, I disagree that one of their successes is, by definition, the other's failure because they both can succeed. Personally, I'm a an OSU fan but I like Mike Miller a lot. I think it will be pretty crappy if he doesn't end up being a 4x AA because he's so banged up this year. I would love it if Kilgore, Pucillo, Miller, and Erwin finished 1, 2, 3, 4 this year and I erally wouldn't care about the order. I can't honestly say I care as much about how well Nick Purdue or Thomuseitt do, but that's largely because I'm not as familiar with them.

Thanks for your thoughts though. I'll be sure to consult you and Gary in the future when I'm trying to decide why people are wishing other people well. After all, it really matters.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

My 184 lb. Bracket goes

1. Pucillo
2. Purdue
3. Kilgore
4. Miller
5. Erwin
6. Thomussett
7. Dergo
8. Cannon

Purdue had the easiest road to the finals beating Cannon and Smith and missing all the Ohio guys!

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Ben...Come on, you don't think it's safe to assume that the loyalties in a topic like this are to THE Ohio State University and not to Ohio wrestlers? Pucillo and Miller meet in the pigtail bout at 184. One of their successes is, by definition, the other's misforture.

I don't care if someone wants to root for a team, that's what being a fan is all about. I was just responding to your "Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers..." comment."

To be honest I didn't think Zeb was an OSU fan. I remember watching his videos from when he went to the OSU/Michigan game with Steve Luke and he was wearing a Michigan sweater. He went to KSU. I assumed that his excitement about Pucillo was based on the fact that Pucillo's an Ohio guy and Zeb has gotten to interview him many times (I would assume they've gotten to know each other outside those interviews as well).

Also, I disagree that one of their successes is, by definition, the other's failure because they both can succeed. Personally, I'm a an OSU fan but I like Mike Miller a lot. I think it will be pretty crappy if he doesn't end up being a 4x AA because he's so banged up this year. I would love it if Kilgore, Pucillo, Miller, and Erwin finished 1, 2, 3, 4 this year and I erally wouldn't care about the order. I can't honestly say I care as much about how well Nick Purdue or Thomuseitt do, but that's largely because I'm not as familiar with them.

Thanks for your thoughts though. I'll be sure to consult you and Gary in the future when I'm trying to decide why people are wishing other people well. After all, it really matters."

Ben, I put the smilie face there hoping you would know I was just messing around. Though I must admit I do get a kick out of OSU homers. :)

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Let me guess... And Colt Sponseller won't be a National Champion this year either, right!?

Haters!

Go Buckeyes!!!

Forecast: Scarlet and Grey!!! A-L-L D-A-Y.

O - H...

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

I-O

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

184 should be a great weight for Ohio wrestling enthusiasts. Scott's post above tells the story.

Mike Miller is just back from a pretty serious injury, had to win a close match in the consi semis of the MAC to earn a bid.

Here's an interesting question:

With 7+ days to prepare and game plan, who would you rather have as the coach Borelli or Ryan? Both are top 10 coaches in the country. I will admit, when I first saw the draw I thought the favored Miller. Borelli is that good. But when you throw in Rosselli, Heskett, Jaggers, etc, who knows. That coaching staff at OSU is unreal!

Not to mention the fact that tOSU's #1 fan was in the room the other day. This could spell disaster for anyone over looking Pucillo. I mean Ohio wrestlers!

Any truth to the rumor that Jameson is bumping up to 184 to wreck shop on that bracket???

...now, where did that line I wasn't supposed to cross go???

Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

In a perfect world I was 5 guys to AA this year at 184, M. Miller, M. Pucillo, D. Kilgore, N. Purdue, Z. Thomusseit! I want Ohio kids to make it! 3 are MAC guys, that makes it even better. I have never been accused of being Buckeye Nation, not really sure how to react, so many emotions.

Zeb: Run with the tOSU love! Let it all out, brother! We're here for ya. As a matter of fact, as you sense this breakthrough coming on, tape it and put it up on GOhio!!!

But I will say this... the 'stache might have to go. If you're going to be sportin' the Scarlet and Grey, it's tough to pull of with that... that... that thing above your lip.

Side note: Just before the state tournament, I went out to buy a hard drive camera. Motivation? One quote from you: "I love my hard drive camera." You sold me.

(This one's for you, Zeb)

O - H...

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Let me guess... And Colt Sponseller won't be a National Champion this year either, right!?

Haters!

Go Buckeyes!!!

Forecast: Scarlet and Grey!!! A-L-L D-A-Y.

O - H..."

Haters is such a corny word.

M Go Blue

Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

I forgot ERWIN! My bad, good dude to, he rocks the Stache!

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Zeb: Run with the tOSU love! Let it all out, brother! We're here for ya. As a matter of fact, as you sense this breakthrough coming on, tape it and put it up on GOhio!!!

But I will say this... the 'stache might have to go. If you're going to be sportin' the Scarlet and Grey, it's tough to pull of with that... that... that thing above your lip.

Side note: Just before the state tournament, I went out to buy a hard drive camera. Motivation? One quote from you: "I love my hard drive camera." You sold me.

(This one's for you, Zeb)

O - H..."

I got your back, Mark.
I -O!!!

Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on March 16, 2010

184 pounds
Mike Pucillo - The Ohio State University - Redshirt Senior - 20-7 --- Walsh Jesuit High School (Cuyahoga Falls), Class of 2006
Mike Miller - Central Michigan University - Redshirt Junior - 12-4 --- Lake High School (Uniontown), Class of 2005
Dustin Kilgore - Kent State University - Redshirt Sophomore - 33-1 --- Berea High School (Berea), Class of 2007
David Erwin - Pennsylvania State University - Redshirt Senior - 29-8 --- Graham High School (Saint Paris), Class of 2005
Nick Purdue - Ohio University - Redshirt Sophomore - 27-10 --- Genoa High School (Genoa), Class of 2007
Nick Palmieri - Michigan State University - Redshirt Senior - 15-16 --- Mayfield High School (Mayfield Village), Class of 2005
Eric Cameron - Indiana University - Redshirt Junior - 21-14 --- Archbishop Henry K. Moeller High School (Cincinnati), Class of 2006
Zac Thomusseit - University of Pittsburgh - Sophomore - 20-8 --- Graham High School (Saint Paris), Class of 2008

Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on March 16, 2010

I like Ohio Kids chances to AA here!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2