Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: I'm for Mike Pucillo
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 13, 2010

Pucillo's struggles this year have been a hot topic of discussion on this and other boards this season. Be it injury, weight problems, training issues,or a mental thing Pucillo has lacked the consistency and dominance we have seen from him in the past. He has an extremely tough draw all the way through. All that said, Mike Pucillo is a 3x AA 2x NCAA finalist and a national champ. In previous years tOSU has had guys deal with adversity and step up and deliver on the big stage (see J Jaggers). I know he is a 10th seed and a longshot but I say Pucillo regains this mojo and wins his second title.

Go Pucillo!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

We're going to need him to if we want to be atop the leader board come next weekend.

my vote is also FOR Mike P.

Go Buckeyes!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

He has one of the toughest draws I've seen.

With that said, I have no doubt if he shows up reasonably healthy and confident, he will have no problems. When he's right, he's simply better than anyone else in this weight, we just haven't gotten to see that this year. Let's go Pucillo!

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

The Mike Pucillo we have seen this year is not the same one we have seen the last three. I don't know if any of us outside the program know what the real issue is, but he has been easier for opponents to take down this year. I would venture to say that he has given up as many takedowns this year as he gave up his first three combined. He has been a class act and a pleasure to watch these past four years and he deserves a great finish to his career. I'll be cheering for him to reach the podium and the higher the better. Count this as one more vote for Mike.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

Don: You summed it up. Go Iron Mike.

Doug Noel added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

Good Luck @ the Nationals!!!! Go Mikey and ALL the Buckeyes

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 14, 2010

He has always done well when counted out. He has had a very pedestrian year. I am sure there are issues we don't know about but he is a senior, the team needs the points, and I think he will go deep into the tournament.

I think his biggest problem will be Kilgore because if I had to bet my last dollar, I would bet on Kilgore.

Still, everyone would have said that at senior nationals against Varner and the year he won his title.

Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

If your not for Mike then your a criminal! This has been a real up and down season but Mike is a great kid and he will give it all he has in Omaha. I am pumped for him and hope he can get his 4th AA finish.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Roe: I love Kilgore but John Dergo looms a lot closer to Mike in the bracket. Barring crazy upsets, Mike will have to beat him early to get anywhere.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Zebulin Miller's post:

"If your not for Mike then your a criminal! This has been a real up and down season but Mike is a great kid and he will give it all he has in Omaha. I am pumped for him and hope he can get his 4th AA finish."

Yet another example of an OSU honk. :)

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"If your not for Mike then your a criminal! This has been a real up and down season but Mike is a great kid and he will give it all he has in Omaha. I am pumped for him and hope he can get his 4th AA finish."

Yet another example of an OSU honk. :)"

Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers...

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Roe: I love Kilgore but John Dergo looms a lot closer to Mike in the bracket. Barring crazy upsets, Mike will have to beat him early to get anywhere."

Hank: I wasn't clear. I agree with you. I think Kilgore takes it all, not just a win in a bracket.

Dergo has really turned it up this year. Seems like a good guy, too. I see him as being just as strong as Kilgore but I think Kilgore has the overall edge in skill.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

I will take IRON MIKE! He will show and I believe he can win this. Take nothin away from the rest of them but Mike has meet tougher competition. I believe Varner better than any of these guys Mike will see this yr. This horrible yr will be in rear view mirror. Bring it home Iron Mike I know you can...

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"

Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers..."

No, it's clearly an Ohio State thing. If it's just about Ohio wrestlers, then being for Mike Pucillo means you're against Mike Miller (2X AA and finalist last year at 174 and former 3X state champ from Lake). And if Zeb is correct, then being for Mike Miller makes you a "criminal". I love Ohio State fans.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 15, 2010

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"

Or just a fan of Ohio wrestlers..."

No, it's clearly an Ohio State thing. If it's just about Ohio wrestlers, then being for Mike Pucillo means you're against Mike Miller (2X AA and finalist last year at 174 and former 3X state champ from Lake). And if Zeb is correct, then being for Mike Miller makes you a "criminal". I love Ohio State fans."

Zeb said he hopes Pucillo "can get his 4th AA finish." He doesn't say anything about an NCAA title or beating Mike Miller. Both Miller and Pucillo can AA, chief.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next