Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: #11 Central Michigan University at #15 Kent State University - February 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

Rex - that was a pretty clear TD. (edit to say - from the viewpoint of my couch in Chicago)

Mitcheff outwrestled Sentes, he will beat him at the MAC tournament (my prediction).

I thought that asst ref confused many situations more than helped. He awarded 2 backs for Bennet on an assumption when Feeney did not signal 2, he didn't assist properly in the Trice backpoint situation, and he apparently was of the opinion that Beebe did not score because the call was reversed.

As to the dual, Kent wrestled well but CMU is just too tough this year. Kent is so young, though, that they are equipped to be nationally relevant for years and years. Great work by Andrassy and staff.

CMU has several seniors in the line up but graduation doesn't seem to impact them at all.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: #11 Central Michigan University at #15 Kent State University - February 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

Side note - great pre match footage from Zeb. I was getting pumped watching it.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on February 23, 2010

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Will Bedelyon be wrestling the post season or is he done?"

Bedelyon has not wrestled all year - this is his redshirt year.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on February 23, 2010

Ethan-
Thanks. Fred Feeney is an official for whom I have much respect. Also, I don't know if that dynamic was working as well as it could, but again purely speculation. Easy to call it from the sidelines.

The position that Beebe was in is commonplace in wrestling and he was perfect in his execution of his technique and finish as he kept improving position little by little until he won the position battle. I guess I felt for him as he did everything right.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 23, 2010

I agree that Feeney does a great job.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2