Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: #11 Central Michigan University at #15 Kent State University - February 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Josh Moore added to this discussion on February 16, 2010

#15 Kent State will face #11 Central Michigan this Sunday at 2pm for the MAC Regular Season Crown.

This is one of the biggest matches is Ohio this season.

Make plans to attend the match and cheer on the Flashes.

Last year, Kent State defeated #7 ranked Central Michigan to win the MAC regular season title.

Kent State University MAC CENTER 2pm.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: #11 Central Michigan University at #15 Kent State University - February 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 16, 2010

Josh - good luck and against CMU. Should be a great dual.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 16, 2010

I'm pumped and thinking about going. tOSU vs. Iowa, KSU vs. CMU...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 16, 2010

Isn't the Iowa/tOSU match in Iowa??? If so, you ARE pumped up!!! Go gettem Ben!

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Isn't the Iowa/tOSU match in Iowa??? If so, you ARE pumped up!!! Go gettem Ben!"

Man I wish I was going to Iowa, but I'm not. I'll be watching on the Big 10 Network, though.

Edit: Now that I've googled the drive and see it, I don't know that watching it live would be worth 18 hours in the car. I do wish this would have been at home, though. It's a little disappointing that Lehigh was the only competitive home dual we had all year, but oh well.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 16, 2010

Psst... I don't think it's on tBTN either. <whisper>

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Psst... I don't think it's on tBTN either. <whisper>"

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/schedule/index.asp

Look like it airs at 11 p.m. on Friday night.

Not quite live, but I can avoid the internet for a few hours...

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 17, 2010

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! I just told my bank teller that it wasn't on. I'll have to return to tell it WILL be on.

This makes the sectional weekend 100 times better. I didn't even think that was possible!

Ohio State is going to mop the mat with those fools! (he he he font on)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 19, 2010

according to reports:

KENT, Ohio - Kent State junior wrestler Matt Cathell’s eligibility was officially restored by the NCAA on Monday. The transfer from Delaware State will likely see action Sunday (Feb. 21) in the Golden Flashes’ dual meet against Central Michigan at 149 pounds.

Ranked as high ninth in the nation this season, Cathell is 5-1 and placed second at the Body Bar Invitational.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 19, 2010

He'll have a tough opponent in Tony D'Alie in his first match back in what could be a preview of the MAC championship at 149...

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 21, 2010

KSU loses 21-13.

Looked like Mitcheff got jobbed near the end when it seemed he had 2 and gave up 1 to tie but he never got the 2.

Cathell is really fascinating to watch. Down a few points to D'Allie. Always composed. Then suddenly had a peterson (I think) to get the pin. Just a fun guy to watch.

A fair amount of dissappoitment otherwise (excluding Kilgore who is a beast).

Cogar lost a close one it looked like he should have had.

Trice won but has some growing up to do, showboatong at the end. Berlow wrestled him tough.

CMU is well-conditioned and well coached but I guess everyone knows that.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 21, 2010

Cathell was very entertaining. Didn't think he was going to pull out in the 3rd period. 6 out of 7 of those funky moves didn't work, but the last one did! They needed Bedelyon at 125, but Opfer put up a good fight. I'm going to watch the Mitcheff match again. They stopped a nice leg attack as potentially dangerous, but it didn't look like the knee was being bent enough to call it, from where I was sitting. BTW where was Mike Miller for CMU?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 21, 2010

Will Bedelyon be wrestling the post season or is he done?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

only problem was, once again as is case so often, announcers-- they never gave us the TEAM score, yet they kept saying how crucial this or that match was ??!!!

maybe they thought the TEAM score was on the TV screen, but it wasnt viewable on the TV screen, not on mine anyway, maybe it was on a 42 inch ?

Rex Holman added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

Very good dual with lots of entertaining matches. I do need a referee interpretation as to why Beebe did not score when his head came out from the middle as you end up with a turk, perpendicular to opponent, body across his body with the opponents hips on the mat. I am not partisan one way or the other, I just need help in understanding how that can't be construed as control.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next