Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: A tie? Graham, Apple Valley (MN) move up to co-#1 national ranking
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 9, 2010

well Roe, let's put it this way, since i'm from Ohio-- despite the garbage thats been posted over the years on other forums, i.e. "alias using forums" -- when i'm involved i bend over backwards to be fair to other states if it involves an Ohio team or kid. Always has been this way.

SPG didnt win Ironman, and even though they were missing 2 studs Bo Jordan and FelipeM, Blair was missing very good 135 Ormsbee so its debatable who would have won it if fully healthy. But fact is SPG did not win it.

heres top 20 & top 10 teams each faced:
Blair 11 & 6
SPG 9 & 5
AV 5 & 2 -- but the 2 were #s 4 & 5.

and AWN cant fault AV because they can only travel 600 miles. s/BobP

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: A tie? Graham, Apple Valley (MN) move up to co-#1 national ranking
James Vespa added to this discussion on February 10, 2010

Bob, like Brakeman and all the rankers, does a good job and gives our sport some publicity it wouldn't otherwise receive.

I do respectfully disagree with him on one point, though. If we're counting the "what if" of Ormsbee wrestling, let's also count the "what if" of Martinez wrestling. Martinez beat him soundly in the dual and would likely have done the same at the Ironman.

Tom Elmer added to this discussion on February 10, 2010

Quote from James Vespa's post:

"Bob, like Brakeman and all the rankers, does a good job and gives our sport some publicity it wouldn't otherwise receive.

I do respectfully disagree with him on one point, though. If we're counting the "what if" of Ormsbee wrestling, let's also count the "what if" of Martinez wrestling. Martinez beat him soundly in the dual and would likely have done the same at the Ironman."

James...Ormsbee would have been at 135 and Fellipe would have been at 140 - Villalonga's bracket.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 10, 2010

"If we're counting the "what if" of Ormsbee wrestling, let's also count the "what if" of Martinez wrestling. Martinez beat him soundly in the dual"
---------------------

your error James-- Ormsbee is a 135 not a 140, he was part of group that coach Buxton ill-advisedly bumped up for the SPG dual. Ormsbee would have wrestled at 135 in Ironman where Isaac Jordan now is that Felipe has returned to SPG lineup at 140.

at 135 Ormsbee would have been probably in the finals unless same side as Tessari. At 140 Felipe would have been in finals too, but maybe not if same side as Villalonga. let's say both top 3.

On paper, SPG still doesnt quite make up the 39 points they lost to Blair by at Ironman even with addition of Bo Jordan & Felipe and with Blair addition of Ormsbee.

Theres some complaint on both sides, but both AV and SPG should be happy with a co-title. Two of Walsh Jesuit's 3 were co-titles --or 3 of their 4 depending whose looking at it-- but Bill B is happy to take it.

Depending how its looked at, either SPG or AV could have been # 2, but in our opinion a co-title is fairest this season. s/BobP

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2