Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: GOHighlights & The Vault
Jared Opfer added to this discussion on January 13, 2010

GOHighlights
http://www.gohiocasts.com/event/main/show/id/236254-GOHighlights

The Vault
http://www.gohiocasts.com.php5-4.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/event/main/show/id/235162-vault

Contact Zeb or gohiocasts@gmail.com on matches or videos that you would like to see.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 13, 2010

Question: I could just be incredibly unobservant, but isn't the vault missing a search bar?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 13, 2010

Thanks Jared for putting this great site together.

Just re-watched Jim Johnson v Shawn Enright and the ref seems clearly biased. Two times he made calls that favored Johnson when he was in trouble. First, after Johnson had been turned, he calls a quick potentially dangerous as Johnson is getting stacked. Then, after Enright gains the advantage and is near a takedown towards the end of the third period, he calls a stalemate in spite of the fact there is a lot of action taking place. Enright would almost certainly have gotten the takedown. Might well have changed the outcome.

Johnson went on to become Big Ten frosh of the year after taking 3rd at the Big Ten tourney. Enright became a 2x AA for Ohio U including an appearance in the national finals.

Jared Opfer added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Ben, we're working on a search along with other features. Please let us know what else you'd like to see.

Hank, the man to thank is Zeb.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 15, 2010

Thanks Zeb.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 15, 2010

I gave all my stuff to Cruiser, so I assume after the season is over and he has some free time he'll be putting matches up from those old tapes ('85-'95).

I'd love to see the DII, 119-pound final from 1989. Haring vs. Cianciola in the famous "I'm not 101" match. I know there's a copy floating around out there somewhere. It was on a Chanel 9 Broadcast a while ago, so Jeff Cole may have copy. It was a home video, so not Chanel 9's regular quality, but still it would be great to see that match again 21 years later. It would be interestling to see if the reality of the tape would live up to my memory of the event.

Erik Nell added to this discussion on January 16, 2010

Mike,

We have met before I was Jake Wiseman's coch for a few years. We need a good big to go with our 215/ heavy over at Grandview, last I recall you do good with bigs. If you can help or find someone shoot me an email enell4@yahoo.com

Jeff Cole added to this discussion on January 16, 2010

Yep, have that match Mike! I gladly send that episode of "Ohio Wrestling Greats" to wherever you want me to if they can post that. By the way, Cable 9 is in the process of putting all our "Ohio Wrestling Greats shows to a server that will be available to everyone. That means everyone from Kemp, Fried, Zimmer, Jordan's, Mollica, Jaggers, DiAnna, Taylor, Schatter's, Tussel, and on and on will be available. I'll keep you posted.

Jeff Cole

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 19, 2010

Jeff...Is there any way you can get that bout over to Zeb at GOhio? That's one the masses should see, a true classic for The Vault.

Jared Opfer added to this discussion on January 20, 2010

Jeff you can contact gohio at gohiocasts@gmail.com

► Add to the Discussion