Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: So let it be written, so let it be done
John Ice added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

A couple thoughts, Derek. I don't think Chris Phillips plays football any longer. Also, even though he enjoys his track career, he is not one of the top track recruits in the country. So his future is probably in wrestling. He is a junior so he really doesn't need to be in a big hurry to make a college commitment. It would be nice to see him in Columbus, thats for sure

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Derek Gainey added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Quote from John Ice's post:

"A couple thoughts, Derek. I don't think Chris Phillips plays football any longer. Also, even though he enjoys his track career, he is not one of the top track recruits in the country. So his future is probably in wrestling. He is a junior so he really doesn't need to be in a big hurry to make a college commitment. It would be nice to see him in Columbus, thats for sure"

I hope so..lol i heard that he wanted to do other things along with wrestling.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Is he really that good of a football player that he could play D1?

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Is he really that good of a football player that he could play D1?"

I really don't know....i just heard that he was really good and fast....If he sticks to wrestling he cant blame anybody, when and if he has some tough times with all- american wrestlers in college.

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

I never did hear the reason for Jameson in place of Nemec at the duals. Does anyone know the answer. Performance? Injury? Other?

saw this earlier

Nemec is not injured, but had an infection that required hospitalization for 3 days. He was released the day prior to the tourney, but not yet ready for the mat. Nemec beats Jameson in the room, but Jameson is capable of scrambling with anyone. Look for more fireworks from him today. By the way, Jameson is a natural 149 pounder.

John Taylor added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

John,

Whats today, where we would see fireworks? Also if Jameson is a natural 149 does that mean we could see.
125- Stieber
133- Paddock or Triggas (hopefully Paddock redshirts and Triggas wrestles just to get his scholarship off the books for the following year)
141- Palmer
149-Jameson
157- Nemec
165- Sponseller
174- Capone or Demas
184- Heflin or Capone
197- Magrum
285- Hiles

For next year, because that looks pretty solid for a rebuilding year. I think Garcia Red-shirts behind Sponseller by the way then takes over 165 for 4 years.

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Thanks for that info on Nemec. And I think that lineup looks pretty close based on who we know is in the room or on the way.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 14, 2010

Quote from John Taylor's post:

"John,

Whats today, where we would see fireworks? Also if Jameson is a natural 149 does that mean we could see.
125- Stieber
133- Paddock or Triggas (hopefully Paddock redshirts and Triggas wrestles just to get his scholarship off the books for the following year)
141- Palmer
149-Jameson
157- Nemec
165- Sponseller
174- Capone or Demas
184- Heflin or Capone
197- Magrum
285- Hiles

For next year, because that looks pretty solid for a rebuilding year. I think Garcia Red-shirts behind Sponseller by the way then takes over 165 for 4 years."

I'd like to see Demas redshirt next year. With a year in a college room, he should be awesome from the first day he starts. I know he's definitely good enough to start already, but I guess I'd like to see Logan redshirt too since they probably won't be challenging for a national title next year. That way he could be around a little longer with the class of 2011.

The fireworks statement was referring to the 2nd day of the national duals..

"saw this earlier

Nemec is not injured, but had an infection that required hospitalization for 3 days. He was released the day prior to the tourney, but not yet ready for the mat. Nemec beats Jameson in the room, but Jameson is capable of scrambling with anyone. Look for more fireworks from him today. By the way, Jameson is a natural 149 pounder."

so is nemac going to be the starter? I read on another site that jameson and nemac should share the spot, and they should give jameson a shot a ranked wrestler. Waht do you think....that would be some fireworks?? lol

"saw this earlier

Nemec is not injured, but had an infection that required hospitalization for 3 days. He was released the day prior to the tourney, but not yet ready for the mat. Nemec beats Jameson in the room, but Jameson is capable of scrambling with anyone. Look for more fireworks from him today. By the way, Jameson is a natural 149 pounder."

how do we know nemac beats jameson in the room??? forgot to ask you that....sorry

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 15, 2010

We aren't going to bring in 3 guys from Monroeville , and not get Phillips too are we ?--Rick Wasmer

Rick: I'd love all four. Two are in. We'll see what happens. One thing to keep in mind is that the Bucks now have Garcia, Demas, Capone, Heflin and Magrum in the fold. Phillips is a luxury--not a necessity.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 16, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"We aren't going to bring in 3 guys from Monroeville , and not get Phillips too are we ?--Rick Wasmer

Rick: I'd love all four. Two are in. We'll see what happens. One thing to keep in mind is that the Bucks now have Garcia, Demas, Capone, Heflin and Magrum in the fold. Phillips is a luxury--not a necessity."

Phillips is too good to not go after aggressively.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 16, 2010

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"We aren't going to bring in 3 guys from Monroeville , and not get Phillips too are we ?--Rick Wasmer

Rick: I'd love all four. Two are in. We'll see what happens. One thing to keep in mind is that the Bucks now have Garcia, Demas, Capone, Heflin and Magrum in the fold. Phillips is a luxury--not a necessity."

Phillips is too good to not go after aggressively."

And isn't Demas more of a 65 pounder ? It is great seeing the depth of the team building .

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next