Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio State reserves at the duals...
Derek Gainey added to this discussion on January 7, 2010

Will ohio states reserves see any action.....Some of the weight classes were on the bubble (i read this in a artical)....If these young men do well and win, will any changes be made. They are taking 15 wrestlers.....that is a good problem to have for coach ryan when it comes to team points. The back ups are REALLY good....Any thoughts

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Ice added to this discussion on January 7, 2010

Tom Ryan will put the best team out that will win the match. Match ups will dictate who wrestles. If a back up gives the best shot to win, then they will compete.

Quote from John Ice's post:

"Tom Ryan will put the best team out that will win the match. Match ups will dictate who wrestles. If a back up gives the best shot to win, then they will compete."

Good point...so all of the weight classes aren't set in stone??? Meaning the ones the artical.. 125,157, and i think the heavy weight??

Quote from John Ice's post:

"Tom Ryan will put the best team out that will win the match. Match ups will dictate who wrestles. If a back up gives the best shot to win, then they will compete."

What happens if a reserve knocks off a guy thats ranked in the top 5 or top 10. Do you still go with the best match or best wrestler? I know that some weight classes like 141 and 149 are locked down, but what about the bubble weight classes. In some cases a QB will go down and his back up will throw for 4 touchdowns and 500 yards. Its a good problem to have especially with penn state coming to town. If there were wrestle -offs, we wouldnt be talking about this stuff...Do you agree???lol or if they had them today, and our favorite wrestler lost, a lot of people would be eating crow for a season....lolol.....Great topic

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 7, 2010

Derek - are you close with one of the reserves? I notice many of your posts deal with this topic. Do you have insider info?

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Derek - are you close with one of the reserves? I notice many of your posts deal with this topic. Do you have insider info?"

I have followed sports for since i was 6 years old. For years people always blame the pitcher, QB, or the coach win you lose. When it comes to wrestling , you cant blame anybody but youself. The coach or QB didnt put you on your back, and the money that the parents have wont help you get a take down....you are on your own. With the exception of a red shirt season, i feel that a wrestle off should happen to see who is the best. My own son lost in a wrestle at the start of the season. He is a college in pa. and he lost to a guy that was better than him. Thats the way it is....He lost to a 2 or 3 time state champ from florida, but if he would of beat him i would expect him to start. Im not a coach but i believe the best guy should be out on the mat. I don't have any insider info, BUT if one of the reserves gets a chance to wrestle and he does a great job, he should have the inside track to wrestle against penn state on Jan 24 2010. The national duals should be put up or shut up, and if my second favorite wrestler doesnt perform well i will have to deal with it with or without a wrestle off. My favorite wrestler is my son..and im just waiting for the chance to say that my son is college all- american. That, right there is something that is more important than all of the stuff i put on this site. It his first year in college and he has a lot of work to do...just like frosh year in high school, but i know he can do it...only a few fathers can say that their son is a college all- american no matter what division they are in...oh.....Jameson is my 2nd favorite wrestler..lol A lot will be told by Sunday night in Iowa if these kids shine. This could be the yellow brick road for a few national titles...yes i said a few....with jameson,young palmer, and stiebler wrestling next year ........wow....

Gregg Heinrichs added to this discussion on January 9, 2010

Jameson looked very good in his match against Arizona State. He won 7-2, I believe.

► Add to the Discussion