Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Walsh Ironman Thanks
Jeff Cole added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

I would like to take the time to publicly thank Athletic Director Grant Conzaman, Bill Barger, and other members of the faculty and volunteers from Walsh Jesuit High School for allowing our television station, Cable 9, access once again to the taping of the finals of the 2009 Ironman Tournament. Each year since 2001, we have had final round coverage of the best high school wrestling tournament held in the country. The school staff did a wonderful job assisting the setup of our production under cramped conditions and heat. After a long weekend, helpers were still hospitable to the point of making sure we had water waiting at the announcer's table for our first match. Each year, the Ironman's reputation grows, as does the professionalism of putting on such a tournament of this magnitude. I'd also like to thank David Taylor, the only Ironman 4-timer, for taking the time to lend his insight by announcing about five matches for us. The future is unlimited for such a polite and talented young man. We have already received the green light for airing our finals on the Time Warner system in Akron, and I wll again hit up SportsTime Ohio come Monday. They skipped our production last year, but hopefully will want to air this year's edition: don't be afraid to call and badger them! Again, a great night, and not only a feather in Walsh's cap, but one the whole state of Ohio can by proud of.

Jeff Cole, Cable 9

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion