Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Cleveland State University Open
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

Anyone know if CSU will post results, brackets, etc... Or if they are already up somewhere?

Thanks,

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Ice added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

http://csuvikings.com/sports/m-wrestl/stats/2009-2010/csuopenbrackets.html

Steve Lester added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

Thanks for the link.

I think this is Collin Palmer first appearance, taking second at 149 to Purdue wrestler 3-2.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

C. Palmer took second to Sam Patascil, a redshirt senior and brother of Jake Patascil. Ironic in light of how many times Lance wrestled his brother.

Third at 149 was Jared Kusar. Both Kusar and C. Palmer lost by one point to Patascil. I wonder who is better between these two at this time?

Jameson took a solid 3rd at 157. His only loss was to "Andrew Patascil" of Purdue. Kind of a mystery there as according to Sam Patascil's bio on the Purdue website, he has only one brother--Jake. Also, there is no Andrew Patascil on the Purdue roster. I wonder if it was really Jake Patascil as he plowed through everyone except Jameson.

Capone was a solid 3rd at 184. Hiles won at 285. I didn't expect much from Capone when Bucks added him to their last recruit class but he's a top three guy whenever he competes so far.

Kent had a champ at 171--Brandon Johnson. Casey Newburg and Steve Mitcheff also placed.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

http://purduesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/patacsil_jake00.html

If you read under the "Personal" section, it says that his full name is, in fact, Andrew Jacob Patacsil.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

I'm not sure he enjoyed the day as much (except winning) but I liked the way Hiles went through his bracket with all the 1 point and OT wins. I think it says a lot about him.

Derek Gainey added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"C. Palmer took second to Sam Patascil, a redshirt senior and brother of Jake Patascil. Ironic in light of how many times Lance wrestled his brother.

Third at 149 was Jared Kusar. Both Kusar and C. Palmer lost by one point to Patascil. I wonder who is better between these two at this time?

Jameson took a solid 3rd at 157. His only loss was to "Andrew Patascil" of Purdue. Kind of a mystery there as according to Sam Patascil's bio on the Purdue website, he has only one brother--Jake. Also, there is no Andrew Patascil on the Purdue roster. I wonder if it was really Jake Patascil as he plowed through everyone except Jameson.

Capone was a solid 3rd at 184. Hiles won at 285. I didn't expect much from Capone when Bucks added him to their last recruit class but he's a top three guy whenever he competes so far.

Kent had a champ at 171--Brandon Johnson. Casey Newburg and Steve Mitcheff also placed."

Even though Jameson took 3rd, that loss tells me that he is ready for big ten wrestling. Patascil is the real deal. jameson and young palmer are going to do great things at ohio state

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

Patacsil and Jameson- two funksters go at it- probably a fun one to watch.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 14, 2009

Jake Patacsil was 5th at 149 last year at Nationals. Palmer beat him 8-7 in cons. to advance to 3rd/4th place match. That tells you how tough Patacsil was. He was listed as a RSSR last year, so he should have graduated. I remember in the dual meet, Lance beat him on his feet, but Jake is an excellent leg man, and cranked on Lance's neck pretty good when it was his turn on top.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on December 16, 2009

Are there any videos for this tourney?

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 16, 2009

Patacsil was a fun one to watch- forcing that Russian style 2-on-1 from neutral and his great top game. In a discussion on the mat, they mention that a couple of years ago in the Midlands, he was trailing Fisch of Rider 6-0 going into the third, took top, and won the match something like 12-6. We need more brashness like that in the sport.

► Add to the Discussion