Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: Live from the Ironman Finals
Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 12, 2009

Stieber in on a single , gets the far ankle to finish 10-3 Stieber with 20 seconds left

10-4 after the escape

Logan Stieber wins his 3rd Ironman 10-4 over Devin Carter

Add to the discussion and quote this      

DiJulius in the rideout in his third place match

He escapes in his choice, then hangs on to take 3rd with a 2-1 win

For the record- my OW ballot read

1- Logan Stieber
2- Mason Beckman
3- Dylan Alton

Devin Carter is a top 10 recruit in the nation and Logan almost majored him

Luke Moore added to this discussion on December 12, 2009

Great stuff, thanks for the updates! This looks like a pretty solid tournament. Not quite on the level of the Big Walnut Duals that I was at today, but still impressive.

I know the conversation will go on forever, but where is Stieber in terms of Ohio wrestling history? He is a amazing.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 12, 2009

Thanks for the updates, Pat. I was there this afternoon, but couldn't make the finals. Not only is Carter a Top 10, but he's #2 ranked at 125 behind Logan, and like you said, almost got majored. Wow!

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

Pat great job on the updates there. Correction that was Logan's second Ironman title. He was 2nd his freshman year, 1st his sophomore year and was injured last year.

Beckman ran through that tournament like a buzz saw he creates a lot of match up problems for people that is for sure. He defeated 3 nationally ranked wrestlers in a row no small feat there.

Nice wins by Brascetta winning over Grey and Robinson after dropping one to Mitch.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

I went Beckman (1), then Dylan Alton and Logan Stieber 2/3 in some order. I may have slid Logan down to three in trying to lobby Beckman to win b/c I thought he was deserving.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"I went Beckman (1), then Dylan Alton and Logan Stieber 2/3 in some order. I may have slid Logan down to three in trying to lobby Beckman to win b/c I thought he was deserving."

Beckman absolutely was deserving, but Logan is it to me. I don't think a lot of Ohio people realize how good Devin Carter is, but after Logan and the Altons, I think he is in that next group nationally with Peppelman, Villalonga, Clark, and a few others. He is excellent. I didn't see even Logan beating him by 7 points- not half that. That was an amazing performance.

Dan- good call on my mistake. 2,1,1 in his three years here, and was out last year when White beat Neibert to win that weight.

Did anyone else notice that Luster is at a new school? What is that his 3rd in 2 years now? Last year he was at two different schools in Virginia now he is Kiski Prep in PA. I'm no psychologist but that can't be a good thing for a kid having that many schools in that short period of time.

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"Did anyone else notice that Luster is at a new school? What is that his 3rd in 2 years now? Last year he was at two different schools in Virginia now he is Kiski Prep in PA. I'm no psychologist but that can't be a good thing for a kid having that many schools in that short period of time."

I wasn't aware of him being at two different VA schools last year. Kiski is a good situation for him, though- that is a very good and balanced team. The Henderson brothers are excellent and near his weight. They placed 19th here with just 5 wrestlers and have a good schedule.

Luster himself is just amazing. He is a man as a sophomore and will be a true monster by the time he is a senior. His match with Dylan Alton was tight as nails, and if they wrestle 5 matches, Luster wins one or two of them.

Luster is a man child. He was solid last year when I saw him and if he's got an even better training situation at Kiski he will definately develop faster there.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"I went Beckman (1), then Dylan Alton and Logan Stieber 2/3 in some order. I may have slid Logan down to three in trying to lobby Beckman to win b/c I thought he was deserving."

I can understand Beckman for #1, but I can't imagine having Dylan Alton ahead of Logan. I don't know if Alton would have been in the top 5 of my list to be honest. Maybe that's why I didn't have a ballot...

Ben,

I felt the need to put Alton on there because 152 was just so tough, even after Habat withdrew. To win that weight deserved some recognition.

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"Hey guys, I feel like I've gotten to know you so well so I want to confess something. I've always felt like I am a woman trapped in a man's body.

The above is the greatest thing that Justin Kerr has ever contributed to wrestling media"

So just to explain this- before the finals started- I was out in the hallway talking to a coach. I left myself signed in and in the post page. Kerr thought it would be funny to post the first paragraph of the above under my name, with Mr. DiJulius as a lookout. I came back and saw it. Give credit where credit is due, and that is funny, so I left it up, and added the last sentence. It was just us being childish.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 13, 2009

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"Did anyone else notice that Luster is at a new school? What is that his 3rd in 2 years now? Last year he was at two different schools in Virginia now he is Kiski Prep in PA. I'm no psychologist but that can't be a good thing for a kid having that many schools in that short period of time."

I wasn't aware of him being at two different VA schools last year. Kiski is a good situation for him, though- that is a very good and balanced team. The Henderson brothers are excellent and near his weight. They placed 19th here with just 5 wrestlers and have a good schedule.

Luster himself is just amazing. He is a man as a sophomore and will be a true monster by the time he is a senior. His match with Dylan Alton was tight as nails, and if they wrestle 5 matches, Luster wins one or two of them."

Kiski also is a well-regarded college prep school so perhaps education played a part in it. One can only hope.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next