Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Rough one for Michigan
Zebulin Miller added to this discussion on December 1, 2009

If you look the Wolverines have an Ohio pipeline that has been successful for decades (last 3 NCAA titles, Ohio guys: Bertin and Luke). They will be back to the 2-4 AA range again next season, this year will be rough however. If they can steal some more Ohio guys from the JR. class like Phillips, Tessari, I. Miller, or even DiJulius they will be back in that top five range coupled with redshirts this year: Yates, Grajales and Rendina, look out for them in 2-3 years.

Coby Boyd is nolonger with the program, from what I hear. Tough break for him and the U of M.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 1, 2009

Quote from Zebulin Miller's post:

"If they can steal some more Ohio guys from the JR. class like Phillips, Tessari, I. Miller, or even DiJulius "

HOW DARE YOU! I would never wish that fate upon any of them.

Grant Varnum added to this discussion on December 2, 2009

have the acedemic requirements just gotten too strict at Michigan for sports to be as competitive as they once were? It isn't often that you see so many sports struggling, or just being average....

football, wrestling, basketball....those traditional big guns (even the women's big guns of volleyball, soccer, and basketball)....

michigan is just not doing what i would think they would do with the resources that they should supposedly have....

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 2, 2009

Other than the Fab Five days, would you really call their men's basketball program a traditional power? This is a legitimate question, as I don't really follow college basketball.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 4, 2009

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"Other than the Fab Five days, would you really call their men's basketball program a traditional power? This is a legitimate question, as I don't really follow college basketball."

Michigan has had strong teams going back to the 60s and Cazzie Russell, through Mike McGhee and the Bodnar twins, and onto Terry Mills, Glen Rice, Rumeal Robinson, Loy Vaught and their national championship team. Are they North Carolina? No. But a tradition-rich program nonetheless.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 4, 2009

Quote from Grant Varnum's post:

"have the acedemic requirements just gotten too strict at Michigan for sports to be as competitive as they once were? It isn't often that you see so many sports struggling, or just being average....

football, wrestling, basketball....those traditional big guns (even the women's big guns of volleyball, soccer, and basketball)....

michigan is just not doing what I would think they would do with the resources that they should supposedly have...."

Michigan traditionally finishes in the top 10 in the Sears Cup for best overall athletic programs. All while still maintaining the standards of a top-5 public institution academically. Along with Standord they are probably the finest combination of academics and athletics across the board in the nation.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2