Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State and Lehigh results?
Brian Morrow added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Any results?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Ohio State up 12-6 at half-time.
Match started at 125 with Triggas pinning McDonald.
133 Paddock loses to Fisk
141 Humphrey gets the decision
149 Palmer does some riding and decisions Tanen
157 Jameson gets three reversals but blows a 6 point lead and loses 12-11 to Sean Biledeau. He got sloppy at the end like too many times before.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

triggas by pin...was loseing the match on his feet but got the bar/figuere four
Paddock lost 7-2? wore down a bit
reece by dec 9-2 maybe...couple sick ducks
Palmer needed 1 more count at the buzzer for the major but ended up 8-1
Jameson wrestled and looked like the tony of old until giceing up a 5 pointer in the last 10 seconds to lose 12-11

does Paddock look good for freshmen? I have not had chance to see him this yr.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Paddock has looked pretty good......got a lil bullied towards the end of his match but fisk is very good.

yeah I am excited about this yr and future for Bucks...

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Teams: #3 The Ohio State University over #16 Lehigh University 22-12
125 pounds: Nikko Triggas (Ohio State) pin John McDonald (Lehigh) 5:50
133 pounds: #12 Matt Fisk (Lehigh) dec. Ian Paddock (Ohio State) 8-3
141 pounds: #1 Reece Humphrey (Ohio State) dec. #15 Seth Ciasulli (Lehigh) 7-1
149 pounds: #3 Lance Palmer (Ohio State) dec. Brian Tanen (Lehigh) 7-1
157 pounds: Sean Bilodeau (Lehigh) dec. Tony Jameson (Ohio State) 12-11
165 pounds: #8 Colt Sponseller (Ohio State) md. Brandon Hatchett (Lehigh) 19-7
174 pounds: Robert Hamlin (Lehigh) dec. #15 Dave Rella (Ohio State) 3-3 OT
184 pounds: #3 Mike Pucillo (OSU) dec. #12 David Craig (Lehigh) 4-3
197 pounds: C.J. Magrum (Ohio State) dec. Joe Kennedy (Lehigh) 4-3
285 pounds: #5 Zach Rey (Lehigh) dec. #16 Corey Morrison (Ohio State) 7-6

John Ice added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Anyone know the reason why Jameson and not Nemec?

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

The announcer on the radio said it was a skin infection.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 20, 2009

Paddock has been impressive in the early going. Another guy that has not gotten mention but has done very well is Pete Capone. A first and a third (in open division) in two comps.

Big Question...Bucks redshirts have had two open events so far at which to compete...where's Collin Palmer?

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 21, 2009

Looking at the results, I have to wonder if something is up health-wise with Mike Pucillo because his performance to date has not been where one would want it to be. I'm concerned that he's giving up takedowns.

Dave Rella's another concern. Wrestling an even match against Hamlin, who is not exactly a "name" wrestler.

This is one of those matches that despite a good box score night against a solid Lehigh team, there's a some things to be concerned about (more than you might expect looking at a 22-12 final score).

Positives:

Triggas pulled out a win (though it's not one that you can expect to replicate continually)

Sponseller continues to hammer home the pace in third periods.

Morrison out-paced Rey in the third and almost came away with a relatively unexpected win.

Magrum won a tossup type match against Kennedy. Both were second-level (i.e. that tier below the elite) national high school 189's in the Class of 2008.

Kevin Schlosser added to this discussion on November 21, 2009

Palmer was prepared to wrestle at the Eastern Michigan Open but was injured on Thursday or Friday. He had a couple wrestlers in the practice room come down on him. Both Collin and Nick Heflin are hoping to be cleared for competition in December. I think you will see both at the CSU Open.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 21, 2009

My impressions:
Triggas of old; bad on feet, good on mat. Not sure if Harrington has the pinning power of Triggas. Even when he's down, always a threat to pin.
Paddock held his own for awhile; senior strength of Fisk evident. This Sunday should be more competitive for Ian.
Reece picked up where he left off last year. Seems to ride a little more than in the past.
Lance - brutal on top, always looking to crank on your neck with the half.
Jameson looked great until the last 30 seconds. Has to minimize his mistakes, manage the match better, know when to bail out of a bad situation.
Colt- Relentless as always. Solid!
Rella was in on a few singles/doubles. if he converts, he wins.
Mike still tough. Usually starts slow in the beginning of the season. Not to worry.
Magrum is much appreciated at 197 after what went on at that weight last year. Should only get better with college experience.
Really have to hand it to Morrison. Didn't think he had any chance of going the distance with Rey, who is huge. But he wore him down, and if they didn't give Rey an "injury time out" at the end of the match
Corey beats him. Rey was gassed.
Looking forward to Sunday where we should see more guys who aren't starters, get chances to wrestle.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 21, 2009

125: Extremely exciting match. Triggas got taken down a couple times, but got 2 reversals and some backs and finally got the pin in the last minute.

133: Paddock hung tough for the first half of the match. After that, Fisk was too much and started bullying him a little en route to a 8-3 win.

141: Hump wins convincingly--sorry Russ. Ciasulli was verrry close to a TD at one point, but Hump managed to fight it off and the rest wasn't that close.

149: Typical Palmer match. Get a couple takedowns, ride hard, escape, win by 6-7. The only bad thing about his style is that he quite frequently wins by 6-7, so just misses the bonus points.

157: I don't know why Jameson started over Nemec, but I love watching that guy. For the first 2 periods he was dominating and I thought he might get the pin or tech. He was up by 6-7 at the beginning of the 3rd and had over a minute of riding time. Most wrestlers would have sat on a lead like that, but that's just not Jameson's way. As RD says he "goes for broke all the time without caring about what the score is." Such was the case when he tried a verrry sloppy trip and ended up on his back. That gave Bilodeau 4 points, but Tony quickly reversed him to reclaim a 4 point lead. However, Bilodeau then reversed him to his back with about 10 seconds left, getting 5 points to win the match. Jameson is so fun to watch... If he cleans some things up, he could really be great. I had some doubts about how he would transition to college, but he looked great tonight (except for the last minute or so). What is unfortunate is that either he or Nemec has to sit. I don't know who will end up being the long-term starter...

165: Vintage Sponseller takedown-clinic dominating performance. At one point, Heskett was calling out takedowns for him to hit. He finished with 9 takedowns and 2:50 of riding time.

174: Seemed like a very even match. Lots of inactivity from the collar tie with a few spurts of great action. Rella looked very gassed in OT, while Hamlin kept fighting. That ended up being the 11-second difference.

184: With the match tied 2-2, Pucillo kicked Craig to start the 3rd period and go down 3-2. He got the TD and rode him out. He also had about 3 other very-near-takedowns that were out of bounds.

197: I'm pleased with Magrum, who wrestled at 174 last year. He pretty much controlled the match. He was leading 3-1 with riding time secured in the 3rd, and he just sat on the lead. He gave up a TD with 1 second to go, but it didn't matter...

285: I left at the beginning of this match...

The first half of this dual may have been the most exciting half-dual I've seen. Glad I went...

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on November 21, 2009

My thoughts on what I saw.

125-McDOnald was better on his feet, but Triggas wrestled with alot of fire. Immediately turned McDonald once the bar was in and rung him up with his signature figure four of the head.

133-I agree with mosts assessment. Paddock hung tough for a while before being roughed up a little by the senior.

141-Hump looked fantastic.

149-Thought Palmer may actually rip the kid's arm out of socket at the end getting the turn. Nice cornrows Lance.

157-What can you say that hasn't already been said? I was impressed with Tony J's scrambling and scoring from the the bottom. Got 3 backs on a nice rolling half. Needs to use much better judgement in the last minute of the match.

165-Beast.

174-I can't help but think that Rella would be much more sucessful if he attacked more. Nice leg attacks but it seems we only see them with 10 seconds left in the match or in OT.

184-Craig got the first takedown and blocked off and backed up for the rest of the match. Pucillo was the aggressor throughout and IMO Craig should have been hit for stalling at least a couple more times than he was.

197-Nice win for Magrum.

285-IMO Morrison had Rey beat and had it taken away by the officials. Rey gassed hard and took a "lung timeout" at the end. Corey took him down and rode him out for the apparent win but the 2nd official called locking hands with 2 seconds left.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next