Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Oklahoma Gold Tournament at SUNY Brockport
Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

You've got to wonder about Triggas and the weight cutting issue. I remember last year how J said the weight issue affected his performances early in the season. It wasn't til later in the season, when his body adjusted, that he started to feel good and then he wrestled to a National title. If they feel Harrington can be competitive, it might not be a bad idea to red-shirt Nikko. Paddock looks as "good as advertised". Nice first showing.
Christopher: I did notice Lehigh beat Penn St. Why didn't Wright wrestle though, 174 was one of the weights they lost?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Christopher: I did notice Lehigh beat Penn St. Why didn't Wright wrestle though, 174 was one of the weights they lost?"

He's redshirting this year (along with Ruth and Taylor).

Brad Perkins added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

Paddock does look good. Unless you plan on him red-shirting next year or not being able to stay at 133, it could be tough for Triggas to beat him out.

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

Not sure what the issues are with Triggas, but I don't feel as though he has developed over the past couple years. Seems as though he has the same go to moves he used as a high schooler and has not added to that. If Harrington can beat him, then he's your starter. Niko can take the redshirt or challenge Paddock at 133. But from what we've seen so far this year, I don't think he can win that spot either.

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

With regard to Sponseller, he probably could benefit from a redshirt in that he would add a year of maturity and training, but probably, even more so, to avoid the gauntlet that appears to be the case this year at 165. Sponseller, however, may not want to redshirt, he may relish this challenge, even at the cost of becoming an AA, and he is our best option at this weight. Evaluating this past weekend, I think we looked OK, not top form from some vets, but good reults from the new starters. Our weakest weight , at this point, appears to be 125.

Brad Perkins added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

It is a tough call with Colt. From all you hear about what a great attitude and person he is, he would probably be against red-shirting. Also, this year is Ohio State's best chance at winning a national championship, and Colt gives them the best chance to earn some team points at 165.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3