Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: BuckeyeWrestling.com's coverage of the Hokie Open at Virginia Tech
Kevin Schlosser added to this discussion on November 10, 2009

I was in Salem, Va for the Hokie Open on Sunday

Here is a link to our main page for the coverage:

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/26496

It includes a variety of recaps, coaches interviews, photo galleries, and we put a few matches of interest (Dong-Scotten; Barlow-Dudziak; and Morton-Stephens)

For Kent State came away very impressed with Chase Skonieczny, Keith Witt, and Brendan Barlow; Ross Tice is a hard worker. For Ohio Andy Hartshorn, Seth Morton, and Nick Purdue have made a lot of progress; Kyle Sanders had a great tournament for the Bobcats. I think the depth at OU and KSU is really improving; nice to see a lot of guys getting some wins. As the rooms continue to improve for both programs, the starters should take another step forward this year.

Busy weekend overall. Was at Cleveland State on Friday for practice and interviews (http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/index.php?q=node/26156), at Penn State on Saturday (ran into David Taylor, Cyler Sanderson, and half the PSU wrestling team before the game), then in Virginia on Sunday for the Hokie Open. A great football game, a lot of great wrestling, and a 1000 miles later I will be glad to be back in Columbus tonight.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: BuckeyeWrestling.com's coverage of the Hokie Open at Virginia Tech
Pat Costilow added to this discussion on November 10, 2009

Witt is a stud- would love to see him in Columbus. I wonder what he might do if Cogar takes off and the prospects of sitting for four years become apparent.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 10, 2009

Kevin - thanks for your continued great work. Your site is outstanding.

► Add to the Discussion