Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: InterMat Preseason College Rankings Released
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 4, 2009

i told editor Ron Good to pick # 1 at 160, Ron likes Garcia. Ron relies alot on a guy named Lemon who is in charge of picking the Dave Schultz Award winners for the National Wreslting Hall of Fame. Lemon scouts the kids, talks to alot of people incl the top kids themselves and he watches alot of film. He likes Garcia # 1.

Peppelman is awfully good i agree, tough call not to pick him # 1-- but i was neutral, didnt want to be a homer once Garcia announced for Ohio St U.

AWN in its 55th year uses many expert sources to try to get it right, thats our strength, many expert contacts incl all the college coaches Ron Good talks to. Who else has those contacts developed from many years of experience other than Dan Fickel of Wr USA magazine ?? s/BobP

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Clint Sponseller added to this discussion on November 5, 2009

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Garrett Scott's not on the Edinboro roster anymore. Don't know if he'll transfer somewhere else, but Penn State & Edinboro apparently didn't want him. I think the Sponseller/King matchup in December will be interesting. Colt has beaten the defending NCAA Champ twice already, the last time rather convincingly."

Jack, Colt should get to wrestle King next week at the Brockport Tournament as long as they both win out. Looking forward to it.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 6, 2009

Colt will beat King like he always does. King has always been good but everything broke his way last season. It won't happen again.

I think Peppelman deserves the #1 ranking but am glad the Bucks got Garcia. Peppelman is a lazy wrestler--albeit a really talented one. Still, his style won't work in college. He'll have to wrestle a lot harder. Garcia is a "goer". He'll be fun to watch and leave it all on the mat each match. Bucks are fortunate to have gotten him.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2