Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Ty Mitch decides to go to...
Christopher Sommers added to this discussion on September 30, 2009

Virginia Tech his word that he just put out is that hes going to the Hookies

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Joe Boardwine added to this discussion on September 30, 2009

Congrats to a terrific kid and a great talent

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on October 1, 2009

Another gone...Was he even on the radar?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 1, 2009

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"Another gone...Was he even on the radar?"

I've been pretty critical of Ohio State's recruiting practices in Ohio, but with the fact that they already had Logan Stieber from this class as a 125-pounder, their time and resources were rightfully spent somewhere else.

Great signing for Virginia Tech. I saw Mitch at Brecksville last year (where he took fourth in a brutal weight). When I saw him at the end of the year, he looked like a completely different wrestler. I thought he was the best 112-pounder regardless of Division at The Schott last year.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on October 1, 2009

I pretty much agree with Michael on this.

The only problem is, they haven't been successful using their time and resources in other areas so far...

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 1, 2009

I wasn't going to go there, but I totally agree.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 1, 2009

Mitch got a great school & program, but ohio st didnt need another 125 since they think Logan Stieber will be one, otherwise i expect they would have recruited him.

ohio st doing very well where it counts most, two NCAA runnerup finishes in a row-- there was a time ohio st fans could only dream of such riches, now already its seemingly taken for granted.

Ryan & staff know what they are doing, usually, in recruiting-- no, he isn't yet a John Smith or Cael Sanderson in recruiting but no one else is either. let's see who ohio st signs in November before passing judgment.

(ive already said more than once i think ohio st perhaps messed up with the 2 st Eds kids Clark & Sulzer, but Ryan thought he was geting Kindig. And they are in on Demas, so we will see, its a delicate situation this recruiting thing.

But overall i have faith in him and his staff. --- outsiders don't know which kid have eliminated themselves by conduct problems, and which kids cannot be admitted academically to ohio st u. )

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on October 2, 2009

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Mitch got a great school & program, but ohio st didnt need another 125 since they think Logan Stieber will be one, otherwise I expect they would have recruited him.

ohio st doing very well where it counts most, two NCAA runnerup finishes in a row-- there was a time ohio st fans could only dream of such riches, now already its seemingly taken for granted.

Ryan & staff know what they are doing, usually, in recruiting-- no, he isn't yet a John Smith or Cael Sanderson in recruiting but no one else is either. let's see who ohio st signs in November before passing judgment.

(ive already said more than once I think ohio st perhaps messed up with the 2 st Eds kids Clark & Sulzer, but Ryan thought he was geting Kindig. And they are in on Demas, so we will see, its a delicate situation this recruiting thing.

But overall I have faith in him and his staff. --- outsiders don't know which kid have eliminated themselves by conduct problems, and which kids cannot be admitted academically to ohio st u. )"

Bob, Maurice Clarrett, he of 3 high schools in 4 years, got in. How tough is it?

Greg Debbe added to this discussion on October 2, 2009

Maurice Clarrett was a great wrestler. Didn't he win like 3 state titles in 4 years?

Quote from Greg Debbe's post:

"Maurice Clarrett was a great wrestler. Didn't he win like 3 state titles in 4 years?"

Probably not since he wasn't even in high school for four wrestling seasons.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 2, 2009

"Bob, Maurice Clarrett, he of 3 high schools in 4 years, got in. How tough is it?"
------------------------------------

GS,
as u must know athletes, esp football & basketball, get special consideration, this is true even in the Ivies-- as well at your alma mater Michigan ive seen some real academic duds on their roster.

And we all know there are so-called "diversity" & "minority" programs at every university in America---- incl the U of Michigan which was featured on "60 Minutes" about their controversial admittance program which eventually was overturned by the US Supreme Court.

So get off your high horse.

""Bob, Maurice Clarrett, he of 3 high schools in 4 years, got in. How tough is it?"
------------------------------------

GS,
as u must know athletes, esp football & basketball, get special consideration, this is true even in the Ivies-- as well at your alma mater Michigan ive seen some real academic duds on their roster.

And we all know there are so-called "diversity" & "minority" programs at every university in America---- incl the U of Michigan which was featured on "60 Minutes" about their controversial admittance program which eventually was overturned by the US Supreme Court.

So get off your high horse."

My goodness, now I know who cannot take a little ribbing about the precious "The" Ohio State University. :(

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 2, 2009

My goodness, now I know who cannot take a little ribbing about the precious "The" Ohio State University. :(
---------------------------------

GS,
u do alot of "ribbing", and i don't think it was good natured ribbing at all, just more of the derogatory remarks youve posted on here for several years on MANY subjects.

no ones admittance programs have been more controversial and well publicized in recent years than your alma mater U of Michigan, which as i said, was overturned by the US Supreme Court. So enough already.

"My goodness, now I know who cannot take a little ribbing about the precious "The" Ohio State University. :(
---------------------------------

GS,
u do alot of "ribbing", and I don't think it was good natured ribbing at all, just more of the derogatory remarks youve posted on here for several years on MANY subjects.

no ones admittance programs have been more controversial and well publicized in recent years than your alma mater U of Michigan, which as I said, was overturned by the US Supreme Court. So enough already."

Very true Bob, though on the other side of the coin very few public universities are held in a higher academic regard.

I would not call it "a lot" at all, though I suppose it could seem that way to the overly-sensitive.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on October 2, 2009

Congrats to Ty and the Aurora program!

That is a great signing by the Hokies. Those Virginia teams seem to really like our Ohio wrestlers...

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next