Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Anyone know how the big visits for the Buckeyes have gone?
John Taylor added to this discussion on September 17, 2009

Any one know how the big visits for the Buckeyes for the USC game went? Was Kindig, Evans, & Peppelman there? Anyone here how their visits went?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 18, 2009

the 3 u named were there among others like the Stieber brothers and the super junior 189 Andrew Campolattano from NJ. i heard it was a great weekend, things went well.

but Logan Stieber is the only one who has verbaled so far.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on September 20, 2009

Ok. State it is for Kindig.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 20, 2009

assuming its true as reported by InterMat, i'm not gonna sugarcoat it, thats a kick in the ass to Tom Ryan.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 21, 2009

Another swing and a miss on a PA prospect. Maybe one day Coach Ryan will remember that he wanted the Ohio State job because of all the great in-state prospects. The out-of-state ones keep going somewhere else. The goal for the Buckeyes should be to sign the three best in-state prospects each year regardless of weight class. Getting Demas is now even more important. And maybe they still have a shot to get Nick Sulzer?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 22, 2009

Peppelman to Cornel. ---Its a bad day for Ryan. i heard his wife burnt his breakfast and his dog growled at him, and he got a speeding ticket on way to work, too.

i agree Ryan needs to adjust his thinking a bit closer to home-- but i cant say he shouldnt go after out of state studs who show Ohio st interest, i cannot say that.

Bottom line, Ryan has spoiled Ohioans in only 3 years--- Ohioans who drank the previous koolaid for many years in the late 90s and the early to mid 2000's are now complaining about Ryan-- 2 second places and one 10th at NCAA in his 3 seasons--- its not fair.

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on September 22, 2009

Let's just wait to see who he gets, hopefully all his eggs weren't in one basket, let's not jump off the bandwagon just yet fellas! How bout them Browns!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 22, 2009

Ryan is a winner, why mention the ugh Browns in the same breath ?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 22, 2009

Kindig on choosing Okie State. It sounds like the difference in his decision may have been the influence of Jordan Oliver. How ironic.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/5499

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on September 23, 2009

I think Ryan should be focusing on gettin Josh Demas! We already have Stieber who is the #1 recruit in the nation.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 24, 2009

Brian: Bucks do want Demas. I also think that a few other Ohio kids that the Bucks might have overlooked could creep back into view.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 24, 2009

The sixteen returning Ohio high school state champions:
1. Logan Stieber committed to The Ohio State University
2. Jamie Clark committed to the University of Illinois
3. Max Thomusseit committed to the University of Pittsburgh
4. Jerome Robinson committed to Old Dominion University
5. Ty Mitch - Aurora - 1st, 1st, 8th
6. Harrison Hightower - University - 1st, 1st
7. Josh Demas - North - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
8. Brad Squire - Wadsworth - 1st, 2nd, 6th
9. Kory Mines - Maple Heights - 1st, 2nd, 6th
10. Gus Sako - St. Edward - 1st, 2nd
11. Cody Garbrandt - Claymont - 1st, 2nd
12. Shawn Fayette - Miamisburg - 1st, 2nd
13. David Habat - St. Ignatius - 1st, 3rd, 3rd
14. Robert Shepherd - Mason - 1st, 6th
15. Corby Running - Clinton-Massie - 1st, 6th
16. Jake Howe - Blanchester - 1st, 7th, 8th

So far, four have committed, the top one to the Buckeyes. Some questions to consider... How many out of these sixteen will the Buckeyes sign? Will Kent State, Ohio or Cleveland State sign some of them? How about a D2, D3 or NAIA school? Recent history points to Kent State definitely signing one or two while Notre Dame College may also factor into the picture.

I'd love to see the CSU sign one or two from this group - they've needed a 197 for a few years now and Running could be an answer. (Though, of course, there are more to consider - especially a guy like Cody Lamberg who is at the state title level but just hasn't won one yet.)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 24, 2009

Ohio st, imo, and i told Ryan recently he made one BIG mistake since hes been here.

(other mistakes were recoverable, reversable or no ones fault-- in the case of David Taylor, Jordan Oliver and Kindig, he just didnt quite get the kid to say yes which he tried hard and came close so i cant blame him.)

BUT Ryan needed to get JAMIE CLARK.

must get a Ohio kid who was # 1 in nation last year in his wt-- Clark is st Eds which was Hellickson's achilles heel-- Clark is good student, and has grown, will be a 133. L Stieber 125, Clark 133, Paddock 141 would have been perfect and workable.

*****BTW the great Derek Garcia 152/160 from Washington is expected to visit Ohio st soon, so the game aint over yet. Ohio st deep in on Demas too. s/BobP

Bill Splete added to this discussion on September 24, 2009

I remeber the old ohio state buckeye recruiting visits, with Big Russ, and this program is not that! The attitude is great and we have a chance at every blue chip recruit in the nation. Tom knows ohio is his bread and butter but some of the kids from pa are just to good not to give a look, tough state. This program is solid from top to all the assistants. If you complain about this ohio state buckeye program then you haven't been around for the last 20+ years. Yes they got a few but the team now is made of great kids from top to bottom and most are in state. So let's enjoy the ride because it's going to be intense, in fact watch the throw back video on flo with ryan and bormett and that is a street fight on a wrestling mat. That is the horse were riding and he is tough as nails. I say all this being a bigger kent fan that buckeye but all respect to ryan, he is the real deal and deserves our support

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 24, 2009

well said Bill, by a guy who knows. Theres not near the beechers & moaners on here as i see on a certain other ohio forum. People forget quickly-- and many were never there to remember anyway. Fact is with Ryan & staff we got it good.

confirmed that Derek Garcia to visit ohio st this weekend--- like with Oliver, Kindig, Peppelman, David Taylor, maybe buckeyes don't get him but buckeyes are out there geting noticed, they are very much in the game.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next