Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio State, Cleveland State, Notre Dame Duals
Roger Haas added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

Sure looking forward to coming up for the duals match. Being from VA and a closet Buckeye fan, it will be great to see them in action. I spent many summers in Cleveland and Columbus which is one of the reasons I sent my son to NDC. OSU will dominate but I think the CSU-NDC match will be competive. I don't know the boys from CSU does anyone have a idea of which matches will be the ones to watch. Thanks, Uncle Rog.

Go Falcons!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

Based on what is known about the NDC wrestlers (a lot) and the CSU wrestlers (not a whole lot), the favorite appears to be NDC. I think this will be a great match and, with many areas around Ohio represented, I think it will generate a lot of interest.

Cleveland State's best wrestlers are redshirt senior Marcus Effner (165), true sophomore Jordan Keller (125) and redshirt sophomore Robbie Michaels (157 or 174). If those three wrestlers all find a way to win -- which I think they will -- CSU will have a chance at knocking off the preaseason NAIA national championship favorites, but they'll also need two upsets.

Notre Dame will counter two of those weights with All-Americans Tyler Savage (125) and Thomas Straughn (157). I'm not certain about 165 and 174 but NDC certainly has plenty of options. National qualifier Kurt Wolff is the returning starter at 174 and has done well. He does have a redshirt year in reserve. Names familiar to the Ohio wrestling scene such as Kevin Hardy, Andrew Gasber, Zack Goins, Josh Rohler, Ken Sanger and Jon Bittenger could definitely factor into filling in these spots.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 11, 2009

NDC's Jared King (not to be confused with the Edinboro wrestler) had a very good year at 165 last season. He's from Great Bridge. Isn't he back?

Don Stocum added to this discussion on September 11, 2009

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"NDC's Jared King (not to be confused with the Edinboro wrestler) had a very good year at 165 last season. He's from Great Bridge. Isn't he back?"

Jared King is not back this year.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 13, 2009

The one downfall with NDC has been the overwhelming turnover. Far too many wrestlers come and go.

► Add to the Discussion