Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: My Scouting Report
John Ice added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

Reading on The Open Mat, Kindig, Evans and Peppleman will visit Columbus this weekend. Would be nice to beat USC and sign a couple of recruits also.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

and there are others visiting, great juniors will be at game too, hope weather is good. i think game will be.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

Bob: I was told that the # 1 junior in the country will be in Columbus (arguably #1 at least). I'm impressed with tOSU's desire to bring the very best kids to Ohio State.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

If we're talking about football recruits, yes, a lot of football talent chose this game as an official visit for the Buckeyes. Some, don't have any interest at all and are just using this as a free pass at an awesome game, but others like Seantrel Henderson (#1 recruit for the senior class in the Nation) and Braxton Miller (#1 junior in Ohio, will be highly rated nationally) have serious interest and will attend.

As for wrestling recruits and when they'll be visiting, I have no clue.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

"Bob: I was told that the # 1 junior in the country will be in Columbus (arguably #1 at least)."

Chris Phillips or 189 Andrew Campolatanno from NJ ??? both will be here for S Cal game.

i don't think Tressel invites kids who "have no interest". Ohio st has very good record of landing kids who visit, its a high percentage from the numbers ive seen published in Buckeye Sports Bulletin. But then again coming to a game isn't considered "an official visit".

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on September 8, 2009

Quote from John Ice's post:

"Reading on The Open Mat, Kindig, Evans and Peppleman will visit Columbus this weekend. Would be nice to beat USC and sign a couple of recruits also."

Well, one of out two isn't bad. :)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

Gary: Let me agree with you. I wish the Buckeye wrestling squad the greater share of success this weekend.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

To expound upon J.Ice's post:

Theopenmat.com had a writeup of top seniors at each weight, where they're going/interested in attending school. Lots of interesting tidbits such as who's visiting which campuses and when.

Judging by the info on this blog, the following wrestlers are interested in Ohio State--and vice versa. The site offers projected weight class as well as ranking.

Logan Stieber #1 recruit--(125). He has verballed to Ohio State. Interestingly, Jamie Clark was listed as choosing Illinois over Ohio State. My guess is it would have gone the either way if Stieber wasn't already in the fold.

Josh Kindig #1(141)--also being courted by Okie State as well as several other schools. He's an important "get" as Bucks need to finally beat out the Cowboys for a major recruit.

Marshall Peppelman #1 (165)--Visiting Ohio State. Cornell is other school mentioned in the running. Many have said that he's going to Cornell but it's not official.

Josh Demas #5 (174)--Notice how he's projected to grow. He also lists Nebraska among other schools of interest.

Mike Evans#2 (174)--Iowa wants him as well. My educated guess is the Bucks will end up with either him or Demas--depending upon who's more willing to commit and the price tag involved. Unless either is willing to come for very little money, it's doubtful both can be fit in from a scholly point of view. As I've stated--Evans is more college ready but Demas has wicked upside.

Brad Squire #12--149--He lists OU, Kent and Old Dominion as possibilities as well as tOSU. I've always liked his style. He's been hampered by injuries during his career.

This weekend is big for tOSU. They have Stieber in the fold but who they are able to add to his class will go a long way towards future success of program. Competition is always stiff for top guys and the Bucks seem interested in most of the best guys still uncommitted. Notice how highly ranked the guys are that they are after. tOSU wants the best and seems to have their sights on PA this year.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

Hank, well as u recognize i'm sure theres tremendous talent in PA last season and again this season, tremendous !!

Demas being very well recruited-- not as achieved as Beast of East champion Evans--- but Ohio St, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Virginia Tech see something in Demas !! i am told now Demas 160, and he is in Ironman.

hadnt heard Brad Squire mentioned before in relation to Ohio st, don't know its validity. Last year a downer for him, considering he was Ironman champ 2 years ago, he missed first part of last season injured. i think he may not sign early, will try to raise his stock, DNP fargo this summer..... Ironman will be big for him and he will be right there in the brutal mid wts.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

I haven't heard much about David Habat being recruited by Ohio State lately, is it because we've already got that weight taken care of presently?

Also, what is the likelihood of Logan actually being able to maintain weight at 125? I don't remember seeing a lot of wrestlers enter college after competing at 125 in high school and being able to stay at 125.

John Taylor added to this discussion on September 9, 2009

I see you said Phillips. What about the Younger Stieber and Tessari? Any others?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2