Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jamie Clark to Illinois
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Saw it off themat.com

http://news.spladle.org/?p=3386

Sam White, then Jamie Clark, it looks like Illinois might be building steam in Ohio again.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

It would seem that Clark just wasn't too interested in OSU. First committing to ISU, then Illinois. It's sad to see him leave the state, but good luck to him.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Ohio Product Jamie Clark Pledges to Illinois
Willie Saylor, Editor, Open Mat News
August 28, 2009

The University of Illinois received good news today when Lakewood, OH wrestler Jamie Clark verbally agreed to continue his wrestling career under Jim Heffernan and company.

Clark, of national powerhouse St. Edward’s High School, is the #1 ranked prospect for 133lbs in theopenmat.com’s Top Prospect Rankings, slated to be released next week. His resume includes 2 Ohio state titles, (in addition to another finals appearance his freshman year) a Walsh Ironman title and another Runner-Up finish, and multiple Fargo freestyle medals.
While he wrestled 119 last year, Clark anticipates settling in at 133lbs in college. “Yes, I’m still growing. You’ll see me at 133lber eventually, for sure. I think I’m going to wrestle this season at 130 pounds.”

A highly coveted recruit early on in his prep career, Clark initially gave a verbal pledge to wrestle for Cael Sanderson at Iowa State University. When Sanderson opted to take the Penn State coaching job, Clark re-opened his recruitment. That journey ultimately led him to Champaign.

“Illinois has a nice, small campus. I fit in really well there. I know some of the guys already on the team. And I love the coaching staff.”

On his academic interests, Clark noted that he intends in studying biology as his major.

A shoulder injury repaired after his junior season has kept Jamie’s training limited for a portion of this summer. But he seems to be back in full-swing now. “It’s healed up nice. I’ve been lifting hard for a while now and thankfully I’ve just gotten back on the mat recently. I’m feeling good.”

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Ohio st liked Clark and i think he liked them--- but its all about how much $$$ u have to spend and what your biggest weight class needs are. Bottom line 9.9 doesnt go too far and tough choices have to be made by both college and wrestler.. .

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Could've done without that!

Good luck to the young man.

► Add to the Discussion