Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Let's build more college programs
Jeff McCall added to this discussion on August 26, 2009

Takedown Radio interviews Jim Giunta, the chairman of the NCWA.

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/5386

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on August 27, 2009

Tiffin University just added a program and will be competing at the club level this season before going to NCAA Division 2 in the 2010-2011 season.

Notre Dame College will moving from the NAIA to NCAA Division 2 but that process will take a few years. They have done a great job and I think they will be the favorites to win the NAIA national championship this upcoming season.

There hasn't been an Ohio college program dropped in quite a while (though there were many dropped overall).

Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on August 27, 2009

With Lange Kennedy (the AD) leaving Kent, is their program in trouble? I thought he was a big wrestling fan and one of the main supporters? Any thoughts?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 27, 2009

"There hasn't been an Ohio college program dropped in quite a while (though there were many dropped overall)."
--------------------------------

Dan,
thats because we are at bare bones, whats left to drop ??? Miami went about 8 or 9 years ago,Tri C too.

Ohio let their scholarship-giving college programs get pisssed away without much of a whimper, now we got alot less than we deserve.

look at U of Toledo ???!!! coach Joe Scalzo is Distinguished Member of the Ntl Wr Hall of Fame, his asst Dick Torio was the head official at 1972 Munich Olympics. Scalzo brought the World Cup to America and hosted it many times. Why'd Toledo go away and so meekly ???

the meek do not inherit the earth, they get stepped on--- like Ohio college wrestling has. I'm worried about Ohio U & CSU, they need to show results now, a weak program is easy to drop.---- I'm not being negative or knocking anyone, just telling it like it is.

we deserve no attaboys or cause for jubilation.

► Add to the Discussion