Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Website Editing Software
Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on August 26, 2009

Now that wrestling has been in the "online age" for a few years -- this website went online on April 7, 2005 -- it's a good idea to talk shop.

Though the vast majority of my web time is spent in code view which could be done on many programs (even Notepad), I primarily used FrontPage 2003 for making and editing this website. A major reason why a program like FrontPage is so good is because of the ability to edit a website in real-time with FrontPage Extensions. In the past few years I had moved to SharePoint, which was an upgrade in the fact that it had a "Replace All" function for all pages within a website (this is huge!) and a multiple-line replace function, which is now standard in all Office products. It was able to edit in real-time as well, still using FrontPage extensions.

I just got Dreamweaver CS3, which I have heard is very good, yet I have not been able to figure out how to even open this website to edit it. I did make Dreamweaver my default HTML editor in Internet Explorer 8 but I had to do so in a round-about way that probably shouldn't have had to happen: I edited my registry. I used to use Dreamweaver on computers at school (though it has been a long time since then and Dreamweaver was a Macromedia product, not Adobe) and it was successful but apparently things have changed.

Does anyone on here have experience with website editing using this software? I will be going back to SharePoint for the time being but I don't want to give up on Dreamweaver prematurely.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion