Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Top ten television shows...
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on August 14, 2009

In no particular order:

St. Elsewhere
White Shadow
Homicide: Life on the Street
Chicago Hope
ALF
I Love Lucy
The Honeymooners
The Fugitive
NYPD Blue
Ed Sullivan

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 14, 2009

1. Cheers (I still recite lines from the greatest sitcom of all time; ex: Whats wrong Normy? Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I'm wearing milk bone underwear);

2. ALF (cat-eating alien with wit: must see TV; how in the world did Willy score such a hottie?);

3. Seinfeld ("master of My Domain" and "Shrinkage" episodes: priceless);

4. Charlies Angels (funny but not meant to be and, of course, Farrah and the very under-rated Cheryl Ladd);

5. Gilligan's Island (the only show that could reference "my little buddy," sleep in a hammoch in close proximity, and not be accused of being "alternative lifestyle;" and Mary Ann: icheewawa!);

6. 24 (renews my faith in our government to do the wrong thing at the right time);

7. Rich Man, Poor Man (Nick Nolte beating up everyone in sight prior to his alcohol induced career tailspin; he would have been great in MMA);

8. Dynasty (only because it was me and 5 girls drinking wine and watching this cheesy show every Wednesday night in college: put the "liberal" in liberal arts college; I don't remember much about it except it proved the voice in #4 was a real dude);

9. Ultraman (only off TV for reruns because of its political incorrectness but who wouldn't want a little tubular module in your pocket that could make you a 50 foot tall super-hero dressed in silver tights kicking the crap ouot of fake japanese guila monsters);

10. Old Spiderman cartoon: no wrestler, and I mean NO WRESTLER, should exclude Spidey from any top ten list.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on August 14, 2009

I love that 2 lists include my alltime favorite show Quantum Leap. I expected it on my brothers list but am (again) pleasantly suprised by Neiman. What could be better than Sam Beckett leaping into 1963 jump starting the cival rights movement and whipping Lee Harvey Oswald's ass with some judo. All this while occupying the body of a 9 year old girl!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 14, 2009

Not to mention the pregnant chick, the Vietnam hero, and, IMO one of the best episodes, Al Calavicci. Great stuff!

Or the time he went back as a younger Sam Beckett and tried tell his dad about the health concerns he observed for his father. Priceless.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 15, 2009

i always liked "CHEATERS"---- when the betrayed spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend spies on & sees the cheater with the lover all helll breaks loose, thats when the fun begins. The best episode was when weird show host Joey Greco got beat up by a enraged cheater.

Cheaters makes other reality shows look like a day at the beach.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 15, 2009

Roe: Ultraman was the first TV show I truly loved. I remember watching it after school when I was 8 years old. Hyata was the character's name and he had something called the Batar capsule which transformed him into Ultraman.

I also loved all the Japanese monster movies. My son shares this passion although he's already twice rented every Godzilla movie at the video store.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 15, 2009

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Roe: Ultraman was the first TV show I truly loved. I remember watching it after school when I was 8 years old. Hyata was the character's name and he had something called the Batar capsule which transformed him into Ultraman.

I also loved all the Japanese monster movies. My son shares this passion although he's already twice rented every Godzilla movie at the video store."

We have to be about the same age. Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot piggy backed Ultraman, I believe. I can only imagine they are not shown because they reflect somewhat unfavorable stereotypes.

I need a batar capsule.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on August 15, 2009

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"1. Cheers (I still recite lines from the greatest sitcom of all time; ex: Whats wrong Normy? Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I'm wearing milk bone underwear);

2. ALF (cat-eating alien with wit: must see TV; how in the world did Willy score such a hottie?);

3. Seinfeld ("master of My Domain" and "Shrinkage" episodes: priceless);

4. Charlies Angels (funny but not meant to be and, of course, Farrah and the very under-rated Cheryl Ladd);

5. Gilligan's Island (the only show that could reference "my little buddy," sleep in a hammoch in close proximity, and not be accused of being "alternative lifestyle;" and Mary Ann: icheewawa!);

6. 24 (renews my faith in our government to do the wrong thing at the right time);

7. Rich Man, Poor Man (Nick Nolte beating up everyone in sight prior to his alcohol induced career tailspin; he would have been great in MMA);

8. Dynasty (only because it was me and 5 girls drinking wine and watching this cheesy show every Wednesday night in college: put the "liberal" in liberal arts college; I don't remember much about it except it proved the voice in #4 was a real dude);

9. Ultraman (only off TV for reruns because of its political incorrectness but who wouldn't want a little tubular module in your pocket that could make you a 50 foot tall super-hero dressed in silver tights kicking the crap ouot of fake japanese guila monsters);

10. Old Spiderman cartoon: no wrestler, and I mean NO WRESTLER, should exclude Spidey from any top ten list."

Roe, your my man! You appreciate both ALF and Cheryl Ladd. :)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 15, 2009

I've always wondered what happened to the old Spiderman cartoon. That's another one I loved. Plus, I embarrassingly admit enjoying Kimba the white lion as a child.

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can... (ripped off in the Simpsons movie to the delight of my children who sing about "spiderpig").

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on August 24, 2009

good man Dan
yes Matside has presented Bob Dieli on mic at matside of either high school, college or freestyle on 1400 hours of weekly wrestling series in past 21 years in the Columbus cable TV viewing area

Rex Holman added to this discussion on August 25, 2009

Brisco County Jr and Sliders

As of late, Eureka, and Reaper

For shock value, Dexter and Weeds

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 27, 2009

I've enjoyed many episodes of Weeds and Entourage. Guilty pleasures for sure...

Rex Holman added to this discussion on August 27, 2009

Hank-

I like Entourage but the interesting characters to me are Ari, Johnny and E. I really like how they have guest cameos and the actors play over the top personalities.

Also, Magnum PI on my list. As corny as it was, it made for great television.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Rex: I recently dropped HBO so I haven't seen the most recent season of Entourage. The last season was terrible compared to the first three. I agree with you on the characters. I actually thought that Kevin Dillon (Drama) deserved an Emmy nomination more than Jeremy Piven. He's fantastic playing a bad actor with an ego problem.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on August 28, 2009

Marlo-

The writer's are highlighting Drama's insecurities even moreso this season. Good stuff. Maybe he will get it this year.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next