Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: USAW National Duals - Junior Freestyle
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on June 28, 2009

Bob: Check out Jordan's interview on GOhio. He talks about the importance of freestyle and having a freestyle practice there once a week -- but you are correct in that many of the Graham guys don't particpate at Fargo.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2009

Brady,
as i said, ive never seen Jeff Jordan at the state freestyle tourn, never seen him with any involvement with Fargo teams, not in recent memory for sure. Fact is of the all the good coaches in Ohio, few have been involved with Ohio's USA Wr program.

Mark Nieman,
thanks for coming up with coach Hornes name, i hate to miss someone. Also perhaps u can name another Greco coach i recall, he and coach Speelman were Greco mainstays for many years, i think he was/is an asst at Marion Pleasant, an African-American fellow, lower wt ??

Zane Wolford added to this discussion on June 29, 2009

brian church

Joe Caprino added to this discussion on June 29, 2009

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Looking at the team scoring, I noticed that if you beat a kid in 2 periods, the winner was getting 3 team points, but the loser was sometimes getting 1 point. Can someone explain the team scoring??

P.S. Heflin is doing a nice job at 171, but I would have liked to have seen Phillips instead, but he was at Disney duals."

The team scoring goes off classification points for freestyle and greco

Pin- 5 points for the winner, 0 for the loser
Tech Fall- 4 points for the winner, 1 point for the loser if he scored a point in the bout, if not 0 points
Decision- 3 points for the winner, 1 point for the loser if he scored a point in the bout, if not 0 points

So for instance wrestler A wins the match 3-0, 5-0 over wrestler B, wrestler A's team gets 3 points and B's team gets 0 points. If the score was 3-1, 5-0, wrestler B's team would get one point.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2009

thanks Zane----- yes Brian Church and coach Speelman from Mansfield were the Fargo Greco team mainstays for many years.

like i said, Ohio does very well in Greco when top kids "double", meaning they go FR & GR --- not just FR as has usually been the case in recent years..

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2