Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: It's Official: David Taylor signs with Penn State!
Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

D-A-M-N!!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/Dayton-sports/high-school-sports/grahams-taylor-chooses-penn-state-154100.html

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"D-A-M-N!!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/Dayton-sports/high-school-sports/grahams-taylor-chooses-penn-state-154100.html"

What, you thought it would be Ohio State????? :)

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

Like we really need more Ohio talent leaving to go to Penn State...like they don't already have a ton there. Oye. At least he's made his choice and we can stop biting our nails with suspense, it's not as bad as football recruiting.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"Like we really need more Ohio talent leaving to go to Penn State...like they don't already have a ton there. Oye. At least he's made his choice and we can stop biting our nails with suspense, it's not as bad as football recruiting."

I've got to go with Gary on this one. I never saw this as suspenseful. I figured it was PSU's to lose. Taylor made it clear why he was going to ISU before, and when that reason left for PSU it was natural to believe he would follow. I just don't see this as a surprise move. Hopefully we will keep a larger portion of our homegrown talent in state, however.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

Taylor wanted to wrestle for Cael. We'll see how that turns out. Good luck to him.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 9, 2009

I was kind of hoping the prospect of having Rosselli & Jaggers as coaches & Reece as a workout partner might have swayed him to OSU, but I guess not. Oh well, ya can't get them all. At least he took a few weeks to think about it. I think now the priority has to be Chris Phillips.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on June 10, 2009

Also, we will need a blue chip 125 lber. Some say that Jamie Clark can be a 125 lber. in college. Will he follow suit and join David Taylor in Happy Valley?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 10, 2009

good luck to David Taylor, one of the best ever in Ohio high school--- but its not end of world--- ALOT of talent still wants to be a Buckeye, NCAA runnerups 2 years in a row are no accident.

Jamie Clark IS now interested in Buckeyes btw, very interested. And the feeling is mutual.

mark calendars:
Jan...24...Penn state at Ohio St
Feb..5.. Michigan at Ohio st

(Days since Michigan beat Ohio st in football: over 2000 and counting.)

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on June 10, 2009

I just wonder if Taylor really considered tOSU or was always leaning towards Cael I mean PSU. If tOSU does get Clark where will he fit 125 or 133?

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on June 12, 2009

I would think Clark could fit in really well at 125. If he redshirted his first year he'd have to contend with a senior Bo Touris and Pat Zamaria. Otherwise as a freshman he'd be up against Nikko Triggas as a senior if he's able to stick it out at 125.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on June 12, 2009

I would assume that Clark's issue with Ohio State isn't anyone on the current roster, it's the impending arrival of Logan Stieber.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on June 12, 2009

Im sure the buckeyes could figuere out how to get these two in the lineup. I felt all along Clark was much more of a beneficial recruit when the Cael fiasco went down. It shows how lucky we are that a talent like Clark sometimes gets overlooked in Ohio. He is truely sensational....don't forget he beat Taylor once and had him seriously on the ropes 2 other times. The Bucks would be able to get out of the gates quite well with Clark and Stieber.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 13, 2009

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"Im sure the buckeyes could figuere out how to get these two in the lineup. I felt all along Clark was much more of a beneficial recruit when the Cael fiasco went down. It shows how lucky we are that a talent like Clark sometimes gets overlooked in Ohio. He is truely sensational....don't forget he beat Taylor once and had him seriously on the ropes 2 other times. The Bucks would be able to get out of the gates quite well with Clark and Stieber."

Mr. Teel: I like the tenor of your comments. I wouldn't quite agree that Clark is more beneficial than Taylor but they could prove to be equally capable at this level. Certainly, a good problem for Ohio State would be to figure out how to fit both Stieber and Clark in the lineup.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on June 13, 2009

Well it seemed like a lot of people say Logan has topped out weight wise, but I always like to think it's safe to assume that once wrestlers get to college, they gain more mass and move up another weight class. So, naturally I'd see Clark at 125 and Logan at 133. But I'm just an amateur at this kind of speculation.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on June 13, 2009

Stieber's been wrestling 121 this summer. And, not to get into the age thing but, he is an "old senior", so perhaps a career 125 isn't out of the question.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next