Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: FloNationals
Mike Taylor added to this discussion on June 4, 2009

Bob, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this yet?

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235141-2010-flonationals/183985-flonationals

Are you gonna be involved w/ it in any way? Since they mention the Ironman so many times, I assumed you would be but is this accurate?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on June 4, 2009

I haven't read or heard the detail, but there are some compliance and time-table related roadblocks.

When exactly do you hold this? In the coming year, the last state tournament will be held in PA, and that will be the week before college nationals. I am going to assume Dapper Dan will be the week after college nationals, with NHSCA grade level's the following week.

If you want underclassmen from the state of Michigan - Taylor Massa and Jordan Thomas most notably over the next couple of years - I don't think you can get them if you classify this as an "all-star event" (which is how NHSCA Nationals are classified, Super32 classified differently). Other state governing bodies have their own contact/compliance issues in play.

NOTE - I think this is a great idea, but I am interested in its implementation. One thing about Bill Barger is that the guy has vision, and this is a great example of it.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 5, 2009

"Bob, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this yet? Are you gonna be involved w/ it in any way? Since they mention the Ironman so many times, I assumed you would be but is this accurate?"
-----------------------------------------

MikeT,
No i am Not involved, i was asked to be, but i already have a full plate so i respectfully declined.

makes sense to mention The IRONMAN---- its like a new TV show spinoff from Cheers, Seinfeld or MASH-- an association with proven great success. As i understand it dates are weekend of March 28, which might conflict with NHSCA ?

having Flo involved is a big asset, but nevertheless it remains to be seen how successful this tourn is. As Josh Lowe points out there are conflicts abounding. No one fully realizes until they've been in the "tourn recruiting game" like i have with both Reno T of C in the 90s and recently the IRONMAN, its hard to put a top field together, very very very hard. Much easier said than done.

Yes Bill Barger a man of vision, however there are alot of tourn -- competition for the dollar and the best kids-- out there anymore. How many of the top kids will this tourn attract?? i have no idea, no idea at all. And if you don't have alot of the top kids, u got a flop. We will see.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on June 5, 2009

Bob:

I think NHSCA's is the next week - at least it would be if on last year's "calendar" of weeks.

► Add to the Discussion