Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Them's Fightin' Words
Rex Holman added to this discussion on June 10, 2009

"Michigan is wrestling Kent for recruiting purposes. It provides another chance to put your team in NE Ohio"

A friend of mine brings up a good point regarding Michigan wrestling Kent. Big picture.

OSU can improve its presence in NE Ohio by wrestling a dual in that area against a location neutral team (i.e. Northwestern)

Excellent points have been made by Mr. Miller and Rodriguez regarding perspectives on the dual. Both have a solid understanding of the collegiate game and how it is played.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Them's Fightin' Words
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on June 10, 2009

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"You win by not competing??????

Interesting. Wrong, but interesting. The best you might say is they don't lose, but they surely don't win anything either."

Not to confirm Mr. Fox's assertion about getting the last word, but I think whether it is a blowout for Ohio State or a close win or an upset win for Kent, Kent wins and Ohio State loses because in the end, regardless of the outcome of the dual, it helps Kent's recruiting to say that they wrestle Ohio State every year. And if Kent's recruiting is helped, then at least on some level Ohio State's is hurt.

Roe...You are correct about Kent and CMU being on different levels and that Central Michigan is arguably the best wrestling school in the state of Michigan (and certainly closer to Michigan then Kent is to tOSU). Thus making my example not apples to apples."

If it is a close loss or a Kent win, Kent would "win". I don't see how a blowout loss helps them at all. What would a blue chipper see in that that would interest them? That they are willing to get their brains beat in? Big whoopee!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3