Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: On A Serious Note
Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

I know I have been joking lately on this forum, just to pass time, but on a serious note please keep Adam Frey in your prayers!

http://adamfrey.us/

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

Couldn't agree more. What a raw deal he got.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

My grandmother, age 95, is dying as I write these words. A few weeks ago, she was still alive, alert, and social. There's never a good time to die. Few ever want to go.

Adam Frey has given us a wise and literate chronicle of what it's like to slowly succumb to disease. I hope for a miracle on his behalf.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

Adam Frey is certainly one of the Very Greatest high school wrestlers of this era --- one of a very very very few who won BOTH IRONMAN and Beast of the East on back-to-back weeks TWO years in a row--- and in the loaded 130 weight class, a Herculean high school feat.

Fargo junior freestyle champ too, his match in the finals with Frishkorn of Virginia was one of the greatest i've ever seen. Frey came out and threw Frishkorn immediately to his back and Frey broke his own nose in the process. Frishkorn got up stalking around full of rage. The battle royale started then.

Adam did it all on the high school mat, and got into Cornel too (i think his brother Garrett now at Blair is going to Harvard?).

Adam was at the Ironman last December, we had a long talk at the motel, even then he was built like a brick shithouse always ready to wrestle. And always a gentleman. Last time i saw him he was having a thoughtful discussion there with Kenny Monday.

Later i saw Adam again at the Blair at st Eds Quad in early February. His parents were there and they are very fine people. His brother who started for Blair celebrated his birthday with a cake in the st Eds cafeteria that day.

Adam is a superb writer, imo. Great at sharing true emotions, honest with himself & with us, painting a picture of reality, touching his readers, and very articulate. If he goes he will be greatly missed, but he aint gone yet.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

Great post, Bob, especially the last paragraph. He is a helluva writer.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on May 15, 2009

Garrett is attending Princeton. Either way, doing very well in the classroom to be sure.
http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/4999

► Add to the Discussion