Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Cincinnati Elder's Orlando Scales commits to Notre Dame College
Mike Walsh added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Orlando Scales has committed to Notre Dame College:

► Click here to view the article

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Cincinnati Elder's Orlando Scales commits to Notre Dame College
Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

I didn't see that coming.

Don Stocum added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

Yea boiii!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

Great pick up for them. They are getting a whole lot of talent in there.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Interesting choice. It will be interesting to see how his skills develop in college. He is a beast. I would expect with a little refinement he will do very well at NDC.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Are they projecting him at heavyweight?

Scott Shaw added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Is this a move so that he may also play football in the future? NDC is adding football to their athletic lineup in the fall of 2010.

Most accounts had Scales as a DI talent. I know a lot of DI talent ends up in the NAIA (and soon to be NCAA DII) but I am surprised that Notre Dame kept him away from a DI program.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 13, 2009

NDC continues to bring in a high level of talent. This program has done a great job in three seasons. But an enormous number of kids have come and gone since this program's inception. It would appear that they take on a fair number of high risk prospects. When they complete the switch to D2, they will no longer have unlimited scholarship dollars to offer and will have to more carefully consider who they recruit.

I have no idea whether or not Scales is "high risk."

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on May 13, 2009

When is the switch to DII supposed to happen? What is the benefit of them going to DII compared to NAIA?

Tony Bradberry added to this discussion on May 13, 2009

The switch is supposed to happen the year after next. Only problem is scholarships and academics are different standards. I think there will have to be some house cleaning in order for them to be able to make the change.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on May 13, 2009

Hank:
From what I had heard, Scales did not have the ACT score to qualify for NCAA Division I. However, more importantly going forward, he is an upstanding citizen with high character from what I have heard.

Tony:
Absolutely concur with you, as they make the switch to NCAA DII.

► Add to the Discussion