Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jamie Clark?
Brian Morrow added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

I was just wondering if anyone knows where he stands right now? Is he still headed to ISU? Or is he following Cael also? I pretty much knew deep down that David Taylor was not coming to OSU. As everyone else though I wanted to believe there was a shot. It be nice to possible get Jamie Clark though. I would not complain to see a lineup at OSU like:

125: Clark
133: Stieber
141: Paddock
149: Palmer
157: Jameson
165: Nemec
174: Sponseller
184: Magrum
197: ?
285: Gardner

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

Good lineup. Still no one at 197, though. That is tough.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

That lineup not happening for variety of reasons:
Magrum will do a pretty good job at 197 this season -- and Heflin at 174/184 next season 2010.

Clark is not gonna be in that lineup though. Taylor still possible, Clark no.

Besides Buckeyes think good chance Logan Stieber a 125 in college --- AND btw Gardner is already gone (remember that tune by the Eagles??).

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on May 11, 2009

I'm with Bob on this one. Stieber looks like a college 125. He's making 121 now and I bet he will continue to wrestle that weight throughout the summer. Why would Clark come to a school at the same time as a guy like Stieber? If Iowa State was the choice, I think Penn State is probably where he ends up.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Gardner is gone also?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"That lineup not happening for variety of reasons:
Magrum will do a pretty good job at 197 this season -- and Heflin at 174/184 next season 2010.

Clark is not gonna be in that lineup though. Taylor still possible, Clark no.

Besides Buckeyes think good chance Logan Stieber a 125 in college --- AND btw Gardner is already gone (remember that tune by the Eagles??)."

Bob: Taylor has recommitted to Cael at PSU. Is there some reason to believe TOSU still has a realistic chance of signing him?

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Taylor has not recommitted to Penn State. I know this as a fact. He has a few visits left to colleges that he is taking.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I'm with Bob on this one. Stieber looks like a college 125. He's making 121 now and I bet he will continue to wrestle that weight throughout the summer. Why would Clark come to a school at the same time as a guy like Stieber? If Iowa State was the choice, I think Penn State is probably where he ends up."

Agreed.

I wasn't aware that Taylor to PSU was not a fact. I thought it had been announced.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

No annoucement has been made about him going to PSU. He still has college visits to take.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

odds are Taylor will go to Penn st because he feels strongly about Cael. However that is Not official yet-- since his release Taylor has opened recruiting up to a very few more teams, incl Ohio St U.

Brian Miller added to this discussion on May 12, 2009

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I'm with Bob on this one. Stieber looks like a college 125. He's making 121 now and I bet he will continue to wrestle that weight throughout the summer. Why would Clark come to a school at the same time as a guy like Stieber? If Iowa State was the choice, I think Penn State is probably where he ends up."

Agreed.

I wasn't aware that Taylor to PSU was not a fact. I thought it had been announced."

You probably thought it had been announced because the forum mod's allowed Marlo Stanfield to begin a bogus thread entitled "It's official: David Taylor commits to Penn State" with a link to a youtube video having nothing to do with the thread title. I usually just read some of the forums here but I'm fairly mystified as to why the moderators didn't delete that thread the same day it was created. I mean, there's like 3 pages of replies to that thread and absolutely nobody mentions the fact that the thread title is a lie. Almost like, everybody's in on the joke, except me.

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 13, 2009

My bad Brian, here is the official announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

► Add to the Discussion